Random thoughts III

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
A few months ago, I volunteered to help one of my co-workers with a certain programming effort...so it takes some up front work where a file is saved on the machine, then upstairs work to do the program. I use it at fill in work when I don't have other stuff to do, so I can get about a program a night done. Probably a month ago, I pulled the files off of one machine and have been chugging away on them when I can and last night got all of the ones done that I had in my offline file. Went back to the machine...and another 20 files are there to have programs made. And that's just one machine of 8. Yeah...never ending friggin' job, it seems.

I walked to the post office, then went to the park and had lunch on the non-military bay side of Pearl Harbor. Then posted on Facebook and CF.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
So...the whole whale thing...we're not going to solve or agree on that issue here on the interwebs..like most political issues, there are probably inaccuracies on both sides, the truth being somewhere in between. So, like most political issues, maybe it should be in the cave.

*edit: rethink...typically we can handle politically hot issues here in random thoughts, so I guess I was maybe a little pre-mature on saying that, I just fear it going down the wrong path...however, having brought up politics/religion stuff myself and had it not go to pot, maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to quash it. Just be careful, eh?

I just posted a quote from a random tv ad in a random thoughts thread. I don't agree with the ad.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Meh to each their own. I have wondered what my life would be like if I didn't get married right away but I wouldn't trade my life for anything.

Plus if all goes well my kids will be either in college or out of college by the time I am 50. So (Lord willing) I will be younger and more able to participate in my kids and probably grand kid's lives. Not to mention how much I will be making by then.

Everyone is different.

Maybe I'll feel differently in the future, but I've liked having someone to share my life with. Going to be behind you on kids though. BFF's parents are late 40's (got to be about 50 by now) with four young grandkids. They are able to go on vacation and be very active with one kid left in high school. That doesn't sound so bad to be mostly done by mid-40s. Guess we're trying to split the difference of having pre-kid time/activities together and still be fairly young when kids are pretty independent.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
My dog is laying on the sidewalk staring at a nightcrawler.:wacko:

600full-twister-screenshot.gif

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
My dog is laying on the sidewalk staring at a nightcrawler.:wacko:

You know, I almost posted about a dog's life late this morning. Der hund was laying on the deck, basking on the sun, and I watched fly bug him, got near his mouth, and without opening his eyes, he just snapped at it a bit, and it flew away. Much funnier to see, which is why I didn't end up posting earlier.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
You know, I almost posted about a dog's life late this morning. Der hund was laying on the deck, basking on the sun, and I watched fly bug him, got near his mouth, and without opening his eyes, he just snapped at it a bit, and it flew away. Much funnier to see, which is why I didn't end up posting earlier.

Dog caught one the other day that way and he almost hocked up. He was surprised I think, he usually whiffs.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
the first children of the house and then the note that had me laughing

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1060241.JPG
    P1060241.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 44
  • P1060242.JPG
    P1060242.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 46