Status
Not open for further replies.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
It can't be contained.

No outlawed discussion, please.

The rules, per Chris:

It’s time that we update our site rules here at CycloneFanatic.com. I’m going to try to keep this as simple as possible. Please take a few minutes to go over this.

#1 – Always be respectful – Essentially, don’t be a jerk. We aren’t telling you to not disagree or argue with another poster. After all, this is a message board. But please, do it in a respectful manner.

#2 – This is a very large website. Our moderation team cannot see everything, all of the time. Just because you feel that another poster “got away†with something that you didn’t, it doesn’t matter. Sometimes things get missed. That’s the way it is.

#3 – Keep it clean – No racist, sexist or inappropriate posts are allowed onCycloneFanatic.com. We want 10-year olds to be able to view CF. This is obviously a very subjective topic. We admit that. Our moderation team might think something is inappropriate that you as an individual do not.

#4 – We realize that sometimes threads naturally will head off of what the original topic might have been. Please do your best to keep threads on topic though. Constant derailing threads is not allowed. We have a lot of visitors to the site who don’t post. They like to read the opinions of you Fanatics. This makes things much easier on them, from a site navigation standpoint.

#5 – Absolutely no sharing of premium information from other message boards. We respect that those folks are trying to run a business. In no way do we want to interfere in that by leaking their premium information.

#6 – No trolling, spamming, relentlessly promoting your own (or another) blog, etc. A lot of these again are obviously judgment calls that we reserve the right to make.

#7 – No advertising. That’s how this site is funded. That's how we keep it free for you. If you post an advertisement for any sort of a product, it will be deleted immediately. However, we would love to help you grow your business. Shoot an e-mail to [email protected] for more information.

#8 – Do not publically call out our moderation team. What we are doing here is not an exact science. I’m going to use the magic words “judgment call†once again. A lot of times, it comes down to that. If you feel you’ve been wronged in any way, shoot one of our moderators or me a private message. We’ll go from there.

#9 – Do not avoid our language filter. If you do, your post will be deleted.

Final Thoughts

In a dream world, this site would moderate itself. Do you know about the “Report Post†button that is always available to you here on CF?

If you feel that a certain post is inappropriate, click on the red box with an X in it underneath a poster’s profile information. This way, the post is sent, with your reasoning, back to our moderation forum. We will address it at that time.

That’s my goal. That someday, these judgment calls will diminish and you Fanatics will moderate each other primarily.

But please, do not abuse the “Report Post†button for your own personal agenda.

In the end, remember this. This is a fantastic website. Everybody involved with CF is very passionate about its future. Any and all decisions made on an administrative side are done so for the site’s best interest. Will we be wrong sometimes? Of course. Nobody is perfect. If I screw up, I vow to admit to it.

Have an outstanding week and as always, go Cyclones!

Last edited:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
We're going to need to take at least a few days off from the Random Threads threads.

Reactions: VeloClone

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
reopened.

If if anyone tries to get this thread shut down by violating site rules, temp bans will be enforced. Please report violations of site rules.

Please also keep keep in mind that threads that are too big DO eventually have to be closed.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
funny-gif-man-dancing.gif

Just for the record: Originally I found a Dancing banana...but it was too huge and obnoxious.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
reopened.

If if anyone tries to get this thread shut down by violating site rules, temp bans will be enforced. Please report violations of site rules.

Please also keep keep in mind that threads that are too big DO eventually have to be closed.

Can you elaborate on what this entails?

I know Santa is watching and I want to mind my P's and my Q's.

thx

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think the house is all decorated for the holidays. The 3yr old goes to bed every night saying, "Merry Christmas!"

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think we need more greasy spoon diners in the Des Moines area. I would love a Waffle House nearby.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Since I don't think anyone regularly posting previously had an issue with closing the thread due to size - I think we were all waiting for it once we hit 10k - is there a post count range at which we should request to close a thread due to size?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Can you elaborate on what this entails?

I know Santa is watching and I want to mind my P's and my Q's.

thx

Just the whole practice of specifically violating site rules (like avoiding the filter, complaining about moderation, etc.) to try and get a thread shut down. I don't think you're in any danger!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Since I don't think anyone regularly posting previously had an issue with closing the thread due to size - I think we were all waiting for it once we hit 10k - is there a post count range at which we should request to close a thread due to size?

Oh, man, I don't have a firm answer on that. I know that a big part of the issue can occur when there are glitches when you click on a page number and it goes to a different page. If you see that happen, please let us know immediately.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Just the whole practice of specifically violating site rules (like avoiding the filter, complaining about moderation, etc.) to try and get a thread shut down. I don't think you're in any danger!

How about those that come in wanting to get it shut down for no apparent reason. I obviously wont name names but...

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA

What about if a certain poster created his or her account to specifically be someone's nemesis?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
What about if a certain poster created his or her account to specifically be someone's nemesis?

ha, it does get confusing sometimes when both of you post in there. Especially when original airbag talks about some new girl.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

THATS A ******** RULE!!!!

jk, nevermind, dont ban me. :wubclub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron