Random thoughts III

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Why is it that women that get married early in life, say 21-25 year olds, always seem to be the type of people that try to sell products over Facebook? Am I the only one that realizes that?

Is it because their life is now boring since they got married at a young age and they try to add some entertainment?

I'm talking like Scentsy, AdvoCare, Tupperware, Body Wraps, etc.

oddly enough, on my page it's the single ones. Well, I guess a couple married ones, but they are in their 30s. Trying to make side money because the main job doesn't pay the greatest would be my guess.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Why is it that women that get married early in life, say 21-25 year olds, always seem to be the type of people that try to sell products over Facebook? Am I the only one that realizes that?

Is it because their life is now boring since they got married at a young age and they try to add some entertainment?

I am starting to think it is a stay at home mom thing. The last TWO months there have been various FB Jamberyy (SP?) parties that I have been included in. I don't do fingernail polish. Why would I do fingernail wraps? /endrant

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I am starting to think it is a stay at home mom thing. The last TWO months there have been various FB Jamberyy (SP?) parties that I have been included in. I don't do fingernail polish. Why would I do fingernail wraps? /endrant

yeah I see it for a couple of the stay at home moms as well.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

I think there are reps of all ages. I get them all the time in my group of friends--around 40 yr old, some stay at home, some making extra money to support kids' activities. I have a good friend who does well selling 31, another friend just became a Jamberry rep, another 2 friends are BeachBody coaches. I have 2 friends who sell Nerium (expensive skin stuff), one just "earned" a Lexus. Also have some acquaintances who shill Yoli. As much as I would like to bring in income, I don't think there are any direct sales I feel passionately enough about to try and sell right now.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
She is slowly doing better and baby never missed a beat so that's great. She was a trooper though. She had severe pain on Sunday so we came in and they said it was a bug and sent her home. Then yesterday at her normal OB appt they started down the appendix route. None of the tests or MRI indicated appendicitis though. Finally after 2AM they did surgery to figure out what was going on and found it was inflamed.

I had a training session all day today at work...was actually looking forward to that.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
She is slowly doing better and baby never missed a beat so that's great. She was a trooper though. She had severe pain on Sunday so we came in and they said it was a bug and sent her home. Then yesterday at her normal OB appt they started down the appendix route. None of the tests or MRI indicated appendicitis though. Finally after 2AM they did surgery to figure out what was going on and found it was inflamed.

I had a training session all day today at work...was actually looking forward to that.

Hope she is feeling better! I was hospitalized with our first (and second and third) with kidney stones. Especially when it is the first, it freaks you out just a bit to be in the hospital when pg for something other than having a baby. Hoping for smooth sailing the next 13 weeks or so!

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Late entry...glad to hear all are well...be a super-helper when she needs it, about all you can do when mommy is pregnant and sick.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

One of our daughters is a "sweeper", or whatever they call themselves. I was getting 15-20 posts a day on my newsfeed, all related to "like this page & be entered to win yadda yadda". We achieved equilibrium. I told her that if she posts pics of the girls, family stuff, or non-sweeps related stuff she thinks PapaLew & I might like, she should tag me, but that I was going to have to put her in the "acquaintance" category so that I wouldn't have to see all the sweeps crap. She figured out that she could change the "shared with" settings on those sweeps things so that they are only shared with her circle of sweeper friends, and my newsfeed is uncluttered but still shows posts from her. WIN!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I'm so glad to hear this! I started reading through, and OMGosh! I'm guessing she's still in the hospital?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hey guys.

giphy.gif

(This is how I feel when I jump into this thread)

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Angie, could you or another MOD post a synopsis of the site rules? Perhaps slightly into the tl;dr range so there is no confusion about what is verboten. I know I, for one, will be working to self police our thread and it would be helpful to have that information right here to remind everyone.

Thanks in advance.

Here I am at the ready; with KC and Pants at my side... :policeman::th_Jttesur::th_o:

I can do you one better. I found the Official Rules link:

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92733

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I can do you one better. I found the Official Rules link:

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92733

Amended to my first post.

Angie...because of lessons learned in the RT series, a proposed amendment to the rules.

I mean, it should be clear in the 'offensive' comment, but I feel it deserves it's own mention.

"No Janky feet" I mean, no one needs to see Mr. Cowgirl's janky feet again.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Amended to my first post.

Angie...because of lessons learned in the RT series, a proposed amendment to the rules.

I mean, it should be clear in the 'offensive' comment, but I feel it deserves it's own mention.

"No Janky feet" I mean, no one needs to see Mr. Cowgirl's janky feet again.

I will second the motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron