Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I thought that CG gave a nice excuse for ice cream so everyone ate some and blamed her.

Are they doing any creative games at the shower?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I've had several headaches this weekend (no not drinking induced) and I've got like a rebound one now that I'm trying to not take anything for so that isn't helping

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
Hello friends,

tis been a while. Have had an awesome time this summer. Some of you have me on facebook but if you'd like to add me to see what I've been up to send me a pm.

But I have a question for y'all. So in Venice this weekend, we rented a house boat. All went well but when we looked at credit card statements they took out 600 extra then what we signed for. We called and said that we broke off a piece of the boat that was on the back. We know that wasn't true because we saw it when we first got on it that it was already like that. Now we were stupid and didn't take pictures of it. Is there any fighting this or no?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Hello friends,

tis been a while. Have had an awesome time this summer. Some of you have me on facebook but if you'd like to add me to see what I've been up to send me a pm.

But I have a question for y'all. So in Venice this weekend, we rented a house boat. All went well but when we looked at credit card statements they took out 600 extra then what we signed for. We called and said that we broke off a piece of the boat that was on the back. We know that wasn't true because we saw it when we first got on it that it was already like that. Now we were stupid and didn't take pictures of it. Is there any fighting this or no?

Not really. Will be pretty hard to prove it wasn't there if you didn't document it beforehand.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Hello friends,

If it was all within this country maybe. Being on foreign soil with their rules, and based in a different city, and speaking a different language...it may simply be not worth the time & effort.

Pro-tip...which you have probably figured out for yourself now...ANY time you rent a vehicle or a house or a boat (or houseboat), document any damage you see (even if the vendor tells you it's not necessary). It has saved me from getting burned on damage to rental cars more than once in the past. Just do a quick walk-through with your phone & take pictures or video of anything that might be damage. :)

I've really been enjoying your pictures, by the way!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
PapaLew pointed out that there's a slim chance the credit card will fight it for you. It might be worth pursuing, but it may not amount to anything.

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
If it was all within this country maybe. Being on foreign soil with their rules, and based in a different city, and speaking a different language...it may simply be not worth the time & effort.

Pro-tip...which you have probably figured out for yourself now...ANY time you rent a vehicle or a house or a boat (or houseboat), document any damage you see (even if the vendor tells you it's not necessary). It has saved me from getting burned on damage to rental cars more than once in the past. Just do a quick walk-through with your phone & take pictures or video of anything that might be damage. :)

I've really been enjoying your pictures, by the way!
i just talked to my coworker who's italian and he said he's going to try and work it out tomorrow. Let's hope so!

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
CIr7TvC.jpg

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I've had several headaches this weekend (no not drinking induced) and I've got like a rebound one now that I'm trying to not take anything for so that isn't helping

WTF, why not pop a couple aspirin/ Ibuprofen (whatever you prefer), and cut the pain down. You're still under Zika quarantine so I'm guessing your not preggers.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Hello friends,

Is this like a car rental where you fill out the form so it was noted about dents and dings? If not call the higher ups/ owners at the houseboat company and explain what the truth is. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.