Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I would say it is Harvey. Half of the gas stations are out of gas in DFW due to demand/people panicking. @GTO can probably fill us in more though.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Still wondering what the rating numbers mean. +337/3/-0??
First one is the number of likes (thumbs up) you've received
Second one is the number of neutral ratings (for me, the number seems to correspond with the number of "friendly" or "heart" ratings I've received.

The third number is really really special because only a few of us have anything other than zero. When the change to the new format happened, there was a rating system that included a negative rating. They disconnected it fairly quickly but not before BeachAve, TheAntiAIRBHG & I each received two and Dopey, cowgirl, 3TrueFans, Gobbles, cloneswereall & jdoggivjc received one each.

So the nine of us have the distinction of being the most hated posters on CF. Or something like that.

Reactions: harimad and oldman

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I would say it is Harvey. Half of the gas stations are out of gas in DFW due to demand/people panicking. @GTO can probably fill us in more though.
Yep. That is what's going on down here as well. The largest refinery in the US (in the Texas-Louisiana border) ended up being shut down yesterday. Not sure when it is expected to open back up.

Edit: Rulzzz beat me to it.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
1. Only second week, school is kicking my butt.

2. Neighbor is again that which shall not be named. When we get within a month of that which shall not be named, thinking of going to all of local bars and asking them not to serve her husband so he doesn't miss that which shall not be named like he did last time.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Sorry I'm late, but I do have an excuse. I had to pick up a 99 year old woman out of the street who got hit by a car. To complicate matters she speaks very, very little English. Unfortunately I retained practically none of the Russian I took. Somehow saying "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon", "Please", "Thank you", "Your Welcome" or "Good" didn't seem appropriate. And asking if she spoke Russian was already covered by the other lady who was assisting her so I didn't get a chance to put that to use.

Fire and paramedics came and bandaged her up. She insisted on walking a couple of blocks to her home despite her walker now having a bad wheel.

I have gotten nearly taken out on my bike by cars, trucks and buses on that very two block stretch several times myself. Too many bike lanes, parking ramp entrances and exits and too much traffic during rush.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
First one is the number of likes (thumbs up) you've received
Second one is the number of neutral ratings (for me, the number seems to correspond with the number of "friendly" or "heart" ratings I've received.

The third number is really really special because only a few of us have anything other than zero. When the change to the new format happened, there was a rating system that included a negative rating. They disconnected it fairly quickly but not before BeachAve, TheAntiAIRBHG & I each received two and Dopey, cowgirl, 3TrueFans, Gobbles, cloneswereall & jdoggivjc received one each.

So the nine of us have the distinction of being the most hated posters on CF. Or something like that.

I need to look but my neg rating may be from WDSM in which case we know it's actually hidden love.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
1. Only second week, school is kicking my butt.

2. Neighbor is again that which shall not be named. When we get within a month of that which shall not be named, thinking of going to all of local bars and asking them not to serve her husband so he doesn't miss that which shall not be named like he did last time.
Has anyone explained to them where those that won't be mentioned come from, and how to lower the number/frequency?

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I need to look but my neg rating may be from WDSM in which case we know it's actually hidden love.
I think one of mine is too, but I highly doubt it means the same as yours! If you can figure out how to see who gave it to you let me know. I haven't been successful at that. :)

• Agree
Reactions: CloneinWDSM

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well in on page 2. Some price jump was to be expected, but I'm pretty sure a lot of it here in the Midwest is just taking a profit. From 2.15 to 2.50 in 2 days:rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron