Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
****** idiots that don't know the rules of the road. Going down a Boulevard and there was a ambulance coming the other way. The car in front of me was about 150 yards in front of me. I'm looking at the ambulance go by and I have to slam on the brakes. ****** dumbass had stopped.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
BC, sorry to hear about your son wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

Erik, Rev sorry about Ava and your other friend. Glad that Z is bringing excitement, fun, and happiness.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
This morning I saw gas was $2.59 in Ames. Drove by Casey's at the Gilbert corner after preschool and it was $2.40 so I filled up. Friends and relatives were talking how they had to wait 30min to fill up on Dallas. And the trucks the gas stations got will be the last ones for awhile.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
0b1a95089c96d2400d6193125dedd566.gif

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
True. However, you know what to DO with yours. :D

She asked me if my boys could drive the girls (lower elementary) to school since she's been feeling sick. I'm all, they go at 7:00 a.m. for marching band (and I'm sure they want a booster seat and little girls in the back of the car).:rolleyes: Pretty sure she's working up to ask me, but her husband leaves for work every day at 8:00, which is perfect time to drop them for school start.:confused: Plus she has already been leaving the little boy with me when she goes to doctor, runs errands, etc.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well in on page 2. Some price jump was to be expected, but I'm pretty sure a lot of it here in the Midwest is just taking a profit. From 2.15 to 2.50 in 2 days:rolleyes:.

Raising the price at retail on fuel you already paid of at the previous wholesale price is just that, price gouging. Raise it when your price gets higher. Of course it will not be imposed quotas like during the oil crisis in the '70's which my dad, who was in the oil biz, insisted was totally fabricated by businesses to gouge people and blame the Arab production cut. My dad, an independent jobber, had connections and was able to get fuel to sell when those tied to specific company brands could not. Still remember him telling how farm customers who dropped him for a competitor for a penny a gallon were then calling him and asking if they could buy fuel.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
She asked me if my boys could drive the girls (lower elementary) to school since she's been feeling sick. I'm all, they go at 7:00 a.m. for marching band (and I'm sure they want a booster seat and little girls in the back of the car).:rolleyes: Pretty sure she's working up to ask me, but her husband leaves for work every day at 8:00, which is perfect time to drop them for school start.:confused: Plus she has already been leaving the little boy with me when she goes to doctor, runs errands, etc.
Like I said...she hasn't figured out how to handle the ones she has. I was surprised when two of our kids had four each...but they are so freaking organized (far more than I ever was) and both of the moms are stay at home moms.

Reactions: carvers4math

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wait, so who are the 11 pipers?

Oooh, good question. Who makes the cut for the eleven piper positions from the RTT regulars? The cut is going to be tough. Going to more treacherous then GTO's murder house.
  • Boxster
  • Cowgirl
  • KC
  • Pants
  • GTO
  • Erik
  • Z (honorary regular)
  • Rev
  • Wxman
  • GR8
  • Rulzzz
  • Nickels