Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Our company matriarch (the original owner's wife) turns 95 today. She still comes to work every day, goes through the daily invoices (and finds all the mistakes), calls on past-due accounts, and makes the bank deposits. Plus she can eat steak and bratwurst and chocolate-covered cherries like nobody's business. Not to mention she is one of the sweetest people God ever put on this earth.

I consider myself fortunate to work for a family-oriented company like ours. They treat people well, and reward loyalty in many ways.

My company chews you up and spits you out as soon as you have bad week.

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
If you remember, it was a year ago during RVTV before the big Iowa/Iowa State game that CFraised money for CW's neighbor, Ava. Sadly, Ava passed away yesterday. They knew there was nothing more they could do medically to stop her cancer, so she spent her time at home with her family. This Wednesday the 13th would have been her 12th birthday.

Wearing pink or purple in her honor tomorrow.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
The Three Musketeers 4: The Death of Aramis?
And you'd still be the Three Musketeers. But with 2 lawyers and a fraternity guy, I'm guessing this is a typical victory celebration.
f24dc07e0b9e18f793e9c9a3e73cd17e.jpg

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
After about a month and a half off, I'm back to coaching. 6th grade volleyball started last night. It's safe to say the girls will have a good time and talk a lot.

I demonstrated a serve and hit one girl in the head. Later, my daughter hit a bump sideways that hit the same girl in the head. Tough girl. She was unfazed both times except for laughing.

Is she a soccer player? :rolleyes:

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Ghetto per the usual. I keep trying to get @jcyclonee to meet up for lunch, but he keeps bailing. Won't even come to the alumni game watch events. What a wimp.
I am a wimp. I need to get out more for things that aren't with the neighbors and kids. I'll keep an eye on the game watches. Evenings tend to work better for me so basketball season may be better. As an FYI, when I watch games at a bar I tend to not pay much attention to the game.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Is she a soccer player? :rolleyes:
Nope. I think there's only one soccer player on the team and she's a bundle of energy.

I found out one of the girls' dad works at the bike shop. We just bought my older daughter's bike from him last weekend. If vball had started a couple of weeks earlier, maybe we could have gotten a discount. Probably not though when they realize how little I know about volleyball. I guess it's lucky I'm just an assistant and my job primarily consists of picking up balls during service practice and rolling them back to the other side of the court.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
They are all yours.

Proactive Comment: @cyrocksmypants , I don't want to see any of your movies. No offense intended.
Or texts. Especially not the texts. Unless the movies are essentially moving pictures of the texts than I really don't want to see either equally badly.

And no sound. Unless it's background music 'cause you do seem to have decent taste in music.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Um, those are MY movies :)

My older 2 watched the first one for the first time on Sunday (or caught parts of it). The oldest was saying this summer when she was giving play signs as a catcher, she would do the sign then throw in her own random moves. She came back to the dugout once and the girls were like, "I thought you were doing the bend and snap!" She had no clue what they were talking about until she finally saw that scene.

Reactions: 55dB

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
After about a month and a half off, I'm back to coaching. 6th grade volleyball started last night. It's safe to say the girls will have a good time and talk a lot.

I demonstrated a serve and hit one girl in the head. Later, my daughter hit a bump sideways that hit the same girl in the head. Tough girl. She was unfazed both times except for laughing.

During soccer practice a couple weeks ago, my daughter launched a shot that deflected off a toe and hit her teammate in the forehead. Later, during 1v1 drills, the same girl took a ball to the stomach. Yet later, while playing goalie, someone hit a shot that bounced off the crossbar and hit her in the back of the head. "She belted out, "Oh come on!" and everyone was cracking up.

Indiana Jones made a 4th movie. I figured you're still an adventurous soul at heart.

No he didn't. I refuse to admit that movie actually happened

Status
Not open for further replies.