Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
And here comes cg...............
1*ZvSaLheetxLNN6jzLqsAeQ.gif

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
<sigh> I've seen more Barbie movies than any grown man should. Hell, I've probably seen more Barbie movies than any 6 year old girl should.

I was already married when "Netflix and Chill" became popular, but I'm a big believer in "Redbox and Burn".
There are advantages to raising boys...chief among them not having to deal with Princesses and Barbies. OTOH, the stuff in their pockets...oy vey ist mir!!!

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The note from Flea? Did he see you from the stage and the have a roadie give you the note to invite you to the concert after party? If so that's a pretty cool story.

If only. Oldest son spent some time with him at his undergrad school and got it for me.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
There are advantages to raising boys...chief among them not having to deal with Princesses and Barbies. OTOH, the stuff in their pockets...oy vey ist mir!!!

I had a pal who was Jewish (he moved to Omaha), and he told me there were three degrees of "oy".....oy vey, oy gevalt, and oy vey zmir (sp?). Are you familiar with these?

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
<sigh> I've seen more Barbie movies than any grown man should. Hell, I've probably seen more Barbie movies than any 6 year old girl should.

I was already married when "Netflix and Chill" became popular, but I'm a big believer in "Redbox and Burn".

Our library used to have a 10 DVD limit per account. Now there is no limit, even if I try to impose one. We usually end up with 4 Dora, 5 Barbie, a few My Little Pony Equestria Girls, and obscure DVDs that you wonder how they were ever produced. Last visit we returned Barbie and The Video Game Hero at the same time we picked up another copy of Barbie and The Video Game Hero.

Last edited:

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
So, the big topic yesterday was pants' devolving into a demon child. And while the avatar the demon chose was OK, I kinda thought he/she/it would look more like this:
upload_2017-10-5_10-2-40.jpeg
I mean, if I looked into a dark, abandoned apartment in my building, and saw this standing inside looking at me, I'd probably be a little creeped out myself. (Not that I'm calling pants a weenie or anything.)

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
On how messed up CF is,every time I use mobile it tries to send me to some infected site so I gave up.

Only way it works halfway decent on a computer is if you use that which shall not be named that they don't want you to use. Even then it jumps around when you click and I wind up clicking on that useless stanza thing on bottom of the screen that just has crap I already know.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I had a pal who was Jewish (he moved to Omaha), and he told me there were three degrees of "oy".....oy vey, oy gevalt, and oy vey zmir (sp?). Are you familiar with these?
oy vey ist mir, or oy vey iz mir (depends on who is spelling it). Yeah...basically they denote increasing levels of frustration. Jewish pal in high school. Dude had the most amazing red 'fro...he could stand in a doorway and his hair would touch both sides of the door jamb.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Our library used to have a 10 DVD limit per account. Now there is no limit, even if I try to oppose one. We usually end up with 4 Dora, 5 Barbie, a few My Little Pony Equestria Girls, and obscure DVDs that you wonder how they were ever produced. Last visit we returned Barbie and The Video Game Hero at the same time we picked up another copy of Barbie and The Video Game Hero.

One of our boys always picked out a Scooby Doo and the library only had about 10 of them, so we got the same ones over and over again. Another always liked really old Disney movies like The Cat from Outer Space, The Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes, and The Absent Minded Professor. All those movies and the kids would always check out the same ones.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ok, @BoxsterCy, awaiting your commands.

Slept in. Negotiating with Demon Child is exhausting and I am not as young as I used to be.

I have decided to bring in another expert for consultation. She knows the dead and can actually speak the words, unlike Ash who would probably get us all killed.

tumblr_m9ixunuxOp1r36zdmo1_500.gif

And she totally understands possession...

giphy.gif

Reactions: SaraV

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Also upped my offer to Demon Child to include the house in Manchester (only two doors down from a yuge cemetery!) for Pants return.

Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

in the same boat. We have a drawer full of Barbie movies and a large black garbage bag full of Care Bears. Being that @BCClone and @VeloClone have daughters that are about the right age, I'm wondering if they've ashamedly watched as many Barbie movies as us. I'm guessing that BC pops them in during the afternoon on those days when he has the house to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron