Randy Pete Retiring

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
“It’s been such a part of his life working for that paper, covering the sports people in that state,” said former Register sports editor and columnist Bryce Miller. “I just can’t imagine sports in the state without Randy being a part of it.”

I can

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Just find someone that likes the university and has a passion for Iowa State athletics. Something I think Randy never truly had.
I’d rather have someone with a slightly jaundiced eye tbh. The hoks can have their DMR cheerleaders.

• Otz
Reactions: helechopper

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Don't get all the hate and piling on. Have I been frustrated at times with Randy's coverage of the Cyclones? Yes, but overall I think he's been pretty fair for the most part. Would you rather have a Chad Leistikow or David Eickholt type homer covering the Cyclones? If so, I'd say that says more about you than it does about Randy.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
“It’s been such a part of his life working for that paper, covering the sports people in that state,” said former Register sports editor and columnist Bryce Miller. “I just can’t imagine sports in the state without Randy being a part of it.”

I can
It’s weird to me how highly people in the media think of themselves.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
My favorite moment was when a faux twitter account called Pandy Reterson reported something that people fell for. In all seriousness, I hope he enjoys retirement.

Reactions: Aclone and wing59

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018

I can
Don't get all the hate and piling on. Have I been frustrated at times with Randy's coverage of the Cyclones? Yes, but overall I think he's been pretty fair for the most part. Would you rather have a Chad Leistikow or David Eickholt type homer covering the Cyclones? If so, I'd say that says more about you than it does about Randy.
My opinion is: "meh".

I haven't counted on the Des Moines Register for sports reporting since before the last days of the Big Peach.

Randy's reporting has not moved me in any direction, but it is clear from the few times I have heard him or read him more recently that it was time to retire.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
Don't think it's hate at least on my part. Just think he's a poor reporter who asks stupid questions.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
My opinion is: "meh".

I haven't counted on the Des Moines Register for sports reporting since before the last days of the Big Peach.

Randy's reporting has not moved me in any direction, but it is clear from the few times I have heard him or read him more recently that it was time to retire.
I don't count on the Rag either. Matter of fact don't even read it. Doesn't mean I don't get to hear Randy ask stupid questions.

Reactions: aauummm

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I don't get the hate he's gotten for supposedly not liking ISU. I think he's been fair. He's just not a good sports journalist and asks some really odd questions.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011

I can
Me too.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: aauummm and 2020cy

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Reactions: Aclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron