Ranking road trips in the new Big 12

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
I plan on doing roadtrips to games with my teardrop camper and camping in the mountains near the games. 2 road trips scheduled in consecutive weeks out West would be awesome and would just camp around the areas. Preference would be Colorado, BYU and AZ at this point. Utah, maybe, ASU, **** no until they change administration. Although, we'll kick their ass so that in itself might be fun to be there. ;)

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
It's a 26 hour ride. We leave Osceola at 8 and should get there around 9:30. Ticket prices have gone up to $90 now. We booked at $77 and got an Amtrak rate discount based on size of group.

Hope it works out! 26 hours in a coach seat on a train with frequent delays sounds like hell to me. I am driving, flying, or getting a sleeper car every time over that.

SleepyEyeCy

Aug 5, 2023
Scheduled or actual after the typical delays and breakdowns?
I have never rode Amtrak but the reviews were good. Every form of transportation has upside and downside. Should be an enjoyable ride, see the country and watch the Clones play at a price under $500.

Reactions: NWICY

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I have never rode Amtrak but the reviews were good. Every form of transportation has upside and downside. Should be an enjoyable ride, see the country and watch the Clones play at a price under $500.

Obviously propaganda.

Plan for a Donner Party experience to set expectations.

We've had more than a few 4 hour delays between Iowa and here. Enough where I won't consider them an option

But you'll have an adventure either way.

SleepyEyeCy

Aug 5, 2023
Obviously propaganda.

Plan for a Donner Party experience to set expectations.

We've had more than a few 4 hour delays between Iowa and here. Enough where I won't consider them an option

But you'll have an adventure either way.
Thanks, that is good to know. I'm not in a rush to get there or back and I'm not a plane guy so I thought a train trip would be an interesting way to see the country.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I think Utah is the winner of the 7 totally new schools.

It has the beauty of BYU, a passionate fanbase (even if they seem anti Big 12), direct flights being a major flight hub, and they like to party. Checks all the boxes.

SLC is great. Airport is 5 minutes from DT and car rental is on site and easy. Street parking is available in a lot of places and it easy to get around. The light rail is free around DT, great breweries around town, and Park City is a short trip away.

Utah wins this in a landslide.

• Creative
Reactions: drmwevr08

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron