Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
So it’s number what when you think of football. I’d put Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida and several others in from of IL for football states.
Sure, not sure what exactly what your trying to get here because when I think Texas football I forget TCU exists half the time. Then being a Christian school is a non starter for most uni presidents, ND would get the nod but that would be the only one.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
The AZ schools, Utah, and Colorado are the best "fits" by far and fit does matter believe it or not. Oregon and Washington do not fit in the B12 for many reasons.

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
That puts their combined value at 410 million. If the pac was going to be let’s say 40MM. That is a total of 480. So the other 10 teams are only worth 70 MM per year combined? Seems to be a little off.

In TV world, the numbers don't have to add up. It's about matchups and USC-Ohio St or UCLA-Michigan might be worth a lot more than USC-Washington or UCLA-Oregon. And TV execs love novelty and they also probably like reducing the number of big time conferences and mouths to feed.

I'm not sure how this will play out for ISU and the Big 12. But if this Big 10 expansion goes through, any hope I had that the Big 10 might be willing to push back against TV media companies to maintain some level of tradition and academic integrity in college football are lost. It's all just following the media company's marching orders now. And I think they'll continue to show they don't always have the athletes, fans, and schools best interests in mind.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Sure, not sure what exactly what your trying to get here because when I think Texas football I forget TCU exists half the time. Then being a Christian school is a non starter for most uni presidents, ND would get the nod but that would be the only one.
Who has won a rose bowl more recently? TCU or MSU?

Reactions: SolarGarlic

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The AZ schools, Utah, and Colorado are the best "fits" by far and fit does matter believe it or not. Oregon and Washington do not fit in the B12 for many reasons.

They will round out big ten along with some ACC school down the road.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
The Arizona and utah would be excellent additions, would be kinda silly to see Colorado come back

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I drove by all 3 Utah fbs stadiums last year on my way to Grand Teton nat park. Incredible area unless you hate being outside.
Lived there a bit, incredible settings.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
That tweet puts WSU and Oregon St in the absolute worst position ISU and KSU have just barely dodged before.

As others have mentioned, Cal and Stanford are best schools on planet or close to it, kind of immaterial where they play.
If the B1G is looking to add two more from out west it'll get real interesting... I see Oregon, Washington, and Stanford, and only two spots.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I'm guessing Clemson, FSU, Miami and Ok. St. to the SEC and Virginia, UNC, Oregon and then if ND says no again, probably either Georgia Tech or Stanford to the Big 10.
I just don’t get any of the appeal of Georgia tech but I know the name gets floated around a lot. They were good awhile ago but have been beyond irrelevant lately

Help Support Us

Become a patron