Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I heard a bunch of talking heads today saying how bad it is now that UCLA swimming has to travel to Rutgers and how hard that trip will be. I thought about it and I’m like, wait, Nebraska and Iowa non revenue sport teams have been traveling to Rutgers and vise versa for like 13 years. They’ve made it work. I bet you anything the trip from LA to NY is easier than the trip from NE/IA to NY. Just drunk thoughts :)

I'm also hearing people ***** about football teams having to go from coast to coast from week to week.
Notre Dame has been doing it for 100 years. It can be done.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Yeah, KSU, ISU & Kansas best be a very strong advocacy group. How were going to have Houston, Dallas, Cincy, Orlando, Phoenix and Salt Lake as potential sites

Dallas doesn't work we've been there attendance sucked. I really want the conference tourney site to be determined by fan interest.

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
Sign me up for two b-ball additions. Yes, it’s clunky, but Yormark has earned the privilege to run with that part of his vision.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I believe the applicable phrase here is "he went kicking and screaming"

"We are excited for this new chapter, a move that is necessary to remain competitive in top-tier Division 1 athletics," said ASU President Michael Crow. "We are joining a premier athletic conference and bringing with us programs on the rise, our rich traditions and history, and the metro Phoenix media market. We're in a good spot, and we are pleased to be with UArizona and Utah in the move"

Reactions: BigCyFan

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I honestly feel sick for WSU and OSU fans. This sucks so bad for them. I could care less about Cal and Stanford. They don’t care about athletics. This really sucks for WSU and OSU
At least you have schools like Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, and BYU to feel good for. Among schools like Utah and TCU who have also been promoted before. WSU and OSU might have a better chance making the playoffs now than ever before, which could lead to a future promotion again.

• Optimistic
Reactions: drmwevr08

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
For those that disapprove of what is happening today, remember that one person is to blame. Tom Osborne

He started it, but it's pretty tough to look back on all this movement in the last 13 years and try to argue that none of it would have happened without Nebraska moving.