RECRUITING: Alex Manske on being a top quarterback target, frontrunners in his recruitment

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
RECRUITING: Alex Manske (@AlexManske4) has emerged as the top 2025 quarterback target for both Iowa State and Iowa.

@cfchangs9 caught up with him on what his recruitment has been like and who's emerged as frontrunners:

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
It throws me when he says that Nebraska “has a lot to offer”. From what I’ve seen, that offense is a dumpster fire.

At least Iowa’s is “only” boring and moderately incompetent.
Roseanne Barr could start at Iowa with the same results.

Reactions: clonehome

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
RECRUITING: Alex Manske (@AlexManske4) has emerged as the top 2025 quarterback target for both Iowa State and Iowa.

@cfchangs9 caught up with him on what his recruitment has been like and who's emerged as frontrunners:

Did he have a favorite team growing up? What is he looking for in a school?

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Having Brock Purdy as an alum won't hurt recruiting. Even if Manske is not a fan of the 49ers or ISU, how cool is it to get a pic with one of the hottest names in the NFL!
It's not just Purdy. This is why it's so stupid for people to want to move on from Matt Campbell. Think about before him. Who could we point to in the NFL? Basically no skill players and mostly guys who played backup spots. Yes KO and AJ Klein were the exceptions. But nothing like what we have now. I'm not an NFL guy at all, but Sundays I'm tuning into the niners and jets every chance I get.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Sorry, haven't paid much attention to high school fotball. Is he good? Is he going to be ok with Rocco and Kohl in the program?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
What's his teammates connection to Nebraska? Is it Limbaugh's dad or uncle that played for them someone from Algona was telling me.
I think Jay Limbaugh played football for Nebraska & Jay’s wife was a volleyball player for Nebraska. I think that Limbaugh teammate is Jay’s son, but not for sure

Reactions: BCClone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I think Jay Limbaugh played football for Nebraska & Jay’s wife was a volleyball player for Nebraska. I think that Limbaugh teammate is Jay’s son, but not for sure
Jack Limbaugh has been on his fair share of unofficial here as well.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
What's his teammates connection to Nebraska? Is it Limbaugh's dad or uncle that played for them someone from Algona was telling me.

His mother is Amber Holmquist the Nebraska Volleyball All American. His father is Jack Limbaugh who walked on and was a reserve on the Nebraska football team. Both Manske and Limbaugh are juniors at Algona High School.

Reactions: Connor_Ferguson

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
since when did Iowa begin producing D1 (P5) QBs so frequently? (Kohl and whomever else recently)
Iowa HS football is not a gold mine, but it has been producing good talent for its size for a good decade or so. As an example, CO, MN and NE each would’ve had only one guy in Iowa’s top 5 in 2023. WI would’ve had zero. Iowa’s 8th ranked recruit (Smolick) is at Penn St. IA had guys at the bottom of the states top 20 go to Texas Tech, KU, ISU and Iowa.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron