RECRUITING: Breaking down the recruitments of the top five 2018 in-state prospects

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Thats odd because he was asked if they were backing off and responded this AM saying they hadn't to his knowledge and Morgan visited his HS last week.

Maybe skimmed and didn't look closely enough. Something with his recruitment just seems odd though. Not visiting either school since the fall while both schools have had a lot of prospects from around the state visit. No other reported offers coming in for him etc. Usually when that kind of thing is happening the kid either isn't as good as previously thought or there are academic issues.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Not saying they have, but I'm guessing the recruit is usually the last one to know if a school is backing off. Either way, it's a strange recruitment. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him land somewhere like Northern IL or NDSU. Or maybe the kid just doesn't have the means to make a bunch of college visits and he ends up at ISU or iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Maybe skimmed and didn't look closely enough. Something with his recruitment just seems odd though. Not visiting either school since the fall while both schools have had a lot of prospects from around the state visit. No other reported offers coming in for him etc. Usually when that kind of thing is happening the kid either isn't as good as previously thought or there are academic issues.

It was a Clark thread but there was a question in there asking about I'Shawn Stewart and Blair confirmed Iowa has backed off of him.

Did not mean to hijack the thread with Iowa recruiting so last comment on this.

BTW, big props if ISU gets Downing as you are predicting.. That kid is going to be a beast.

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
Downing is an ISU lock. He is going to major in ag and his mom wants him close to home. Believe it or not the added distance between Ames and Iowa City is a factor.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Downing is an ISU lock. He is going to major in ag and his mom wants him close to home. Believe it or not the added distance between Ames and Iowa City is a factor.
I wouldn't say he's a lock. Minnesota has a really good chance at him too, though I ultimately think he ends up with us

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I hope we get Downing. I am excited to see how a kid with his talent develops under Manning and CMC.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I think Downing is ours. Can't get a read on Clark.

Anyone know if John Schmidt is D1 material or is he likely UNI/NDSU type?

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I think Downing is ours. Can't get a read on Clark.

Anyone know if John Schmidt is D1 material or is he likely UNI/NDSU type?
He might be a fallback for someone. Ta'Zhawn Henry is probably our top RB target right now. Plays 7 on 7 with Sterling.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

I'd be a little surprised if it were academics. Does seem strange though...

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
No wonder baby Ferentz is pissed, everyone Iowa goes to already has an ISU offer, must be making the Iowa City bunch a little Antsy realizing that with a little success we might wrap some of these kids up before Iowa gets to them.