RECRUITING: Football commits

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Considering the change at Indiana - and that being one of CMC recruiting areas - they had three commits on DL that would be great fits for this recruiting class that all had ISU offers.

Juan Harris - DT 3*
Derrius Mullins - DT 3*
Lance Bryant - DE 3*

Any or all these players would be great additions to this recruiting class - go get them CMC this would be an awesome fit for your 2017 class!!!!

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Considering the change at Indiana - and that being one of CMC recruiting areas - they had three commits on DL that would be great fits for this recruiting class that all had ISU offers.

Juan Harris - DT 3*
Derrius Mullins - DT 3*
Lance Bryant - DE 3*

Any or all these players would be great additions to this recruiting class - go get them CMC this would be an awesome fit for your 2017 class!!!!
Is Harris the one that's the world decommit leader?

Reactions: isufbcurt

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley

Juan Harris - DT 3*
Derrius Mullins - DT 3*
Lance Bryant - DE 3*

Minor is the one that i want the most

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
@JStanz51 Who is Khymani Martin? What class is he in? I can't find anything on him what so ever.
Check out @KhymaniMartin's Tweet:

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Somewhat unrelated, but I was checking 247's class rankings today and noticed two things:

* We have no four star guys (according to them). I'm not a big starzzz guy by any means, but it does seem odd that a top-40 class somehow has no one higher than 3 stars.

* What is Rutgers doing? They are ranked above us, and even have 3 of their own 4-star guys... That's some efficient recruiting there.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Somewhat unrelated, but I was checking 247's class rankings today and noticed two things:

* We have no four star guys (according to them). I'm not a big starzzz guy by any means, but it does seem odd that a top-40 class somehow has no one higher than 3 stars.

* What is Rutgers doing? They are ranked above us, and even have 3 of their own 4-star guys... That's some efficient recruiting there.

There is a lot of talent in New Jersey and several of their top commits are from there. So that probably benefits them....a lot.

Also, they're #31 nationally in class ranking but only #7 in the B1G. Jeesh...That conference is recruiting!

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop

We have 20 commits. Teams like Texas and TCU will eventually pass us once they get more commits. What I look at is 247's average "star rating" for team rankings. Our ranking will drop. I will be happy if we stay in the top 50.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Great info.

Question? To help me better understand the bigger picture.......
***(Approximately?) How many player position "slots" are available as of today's date?
***What is the latest date at which either ISU or committed player can yank the current commitment?
*** What is the latest date ISU can offer/contract a player?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006

Did somebody from the Louisville BB staff make a move to Rutgers?

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
Mid Year signing period starts today right? Any news on possible signings? Come on Stanz where is the recruiting news?

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Not sure how 24/7 7 ranks them but all rivals does is add up the number of stars which IMO is dumb. Iowa stae had a lot of early commitments so we have lots of stars. as other schools fill out their class they will putt ahead. Here are a couple of examples per Rivals.

ISU - Ranks 34th with 19 commitments and 2.84 star average
TCU - 46th with 12 commitments and a 3.33 star average
TX - ranks 69th with 8 commitments and a 3.63 star average

So I'll take a leap and say when TCU and TX fill out their classes they will be ranked ahead of us. Don't get me wrong I think the staff is doing great. I just think the ranking system is stupid.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
24/7 has Matt Eaton with a signed LOI today. But I don't see anywhere else talking about it.
Does anyone know if Lima or Tonagoma fall into the mid-year transfer as well, would be good to get them locked down....

Or Josh Allen, or Matt Leo?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron