RECRUITING: Morrow sets visit, Juiston visit info

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Hey guys. I'll write up a complete story when I'm doing doing Easter stuff with my family today but wanted to get the following "out there."

--- Shakur Juiston did NOT commit on his visit this weekend. Iowa State never expected him too. His recruitment remains to be a very fluid situation. Sounds like he will be visiting DePaul this week. Why? Some sort of connection with his old AAU coach and that staff. Not really sure. Doubt he ends up there. Stay tuned.

--- Iowa State was in to visit Nebraska transfer Ed Morrow yesterday where an official visit was set for April 28-30. Top competition right now is Xavier and Marquette, I'm told.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyke and jim4

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I expected him to commit if he intended to play basketball next season at Iowa State. But now that he did not commit, I "actually did not expect him to commit."

Lol.

It's a bummer we're missing out on this kid. "Stay tuned"...to learn what school he'll actually be attending.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I expected him to commit if he intended to play basketball next season at Iowa State. But now that he did not commit, I "actually did not expect him to commit."

Lol.

It's a bummer we're missing out on this kid. "Stay tuned"...to learn what school he'll actually be attending.

Why are you just assuming he's not smart enough to consider all of his options equaling by making sure to take all of his visits?

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

Lol.

Nobody expected a commit cuz he still has a visit scheduled to Kansas. That's why.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas

Lol.

So we should land every potential commit the day they leave right? Bro...

If u think SJ has made his mind up that he is not attending ISU then why even take the visit? He may very well end up at KU but I highly doubt he's made up his mind yet. Prohm has recruited him far longer than any other coach.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Lol.

He wasn't expected to commit because before he came he said he was taking all of his visits before making a decision. Do you have any common sense?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Good to hear that the Staff was in to visit Morrow and got his first known visit set. Hopefully we get similar news this week with Garrison Brooks. I am curious if the staff would take both and Juiston in this class. Guess they would be looking for two out of the three.
Should be a fun few weeks of hitting F5 on CycloneFanatic.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Good to hear that the Staff was in to visit Morrow and got his first known visit set. Hopefully we get similar news this week with Garrison Brooks. I am curious if the staff would take both and Juiston in this class. Guess they would be looking for two out of the three.
Should be a fun few weeks of hitting F5 on CycloneFanatic.

I think they would take all three. As long as they get a Grad Transfer guard. I think two of them are more likely, and Edwards.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO

Lol.

Happy Easter!

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Hey guys. I'll write up a complete story when I'm doing doing Easter stuff with my family today but wanted to get the following "out there."

--- Shakur Juiston did NOT commit on his visit this weekend. Iowa State never expected him too. His recruitment remains to be a very fluid situation. Sounds like he will be visiting DePaul this week. Why? Some sort of connection with his old AAU coach and that staff. Not really sure. Doubt he ends up there. Stay tuned.

--- Iowa State was in to visit Nebraska transfer Ed Morrow yesterday where an official visit was set for April 28-30. Top competition right now is Xavier and Marquette, I'm told.

I really want Juiston and Morrow.

DrT

Nov 17, 2012
Mammoth Lakes, CA
Nobody expected a commit cuz he still has a visit scheduled to Kansas. That's why.
...which could be cancelled, right? I mean, it's not like recruits have never cancelled visits to Ames before, is it? I get it that "Kansas always gets what THEY WANT", but consider Cheick Diallo sat and wasted on Self's bench his whole freshman year, but could've been KEY with ISU. I think that is something Juiston should strongly consider!

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
...which could be cancelled, right? I mean, it's not like recruits have never cancelled visits to Ames before, is it? I get it that "Kansas always gets what THEY WANT", but consider Cheick Diallo sat and wasted on Self's bench his whole freshman year, but could've been KEY with ISU. I think that is something Juiston should strongly consider!

Lol. That's a cute mentality. If only recruits didn't dream of playing for blue bloods. Iowa State is still the favorite, but of course he's going to take that visit. Probably be lied to about available playing time also.