RECRUITING: Morrow sets visit, Juiston visit info

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
It would have been nice to have Juiston commit today but he already stated he was planning on visiting KU and ISU. He has listed 9 other schools as possibilities. Shakur should take his time and take the visits he has planned in order to make an informed decision. I'd rather him get all his info and commit to the program he sees as the best fit rather than commit early and have regrets after. That could lead to a possible messy situation in the summer if he decides it was a bad decision. McKay went thorough that at Marquette before ISU. I assume well learn of another school getting a visit to get his full allotment of officials and have the full recruitment experience. As CW stated the visit went well and as planned.

I still view ISU as the favorite at this point but as with all recruiting until they sign nothing can be assured.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I never fault a kid for exploring his options or for his eventual choice, provided there was nothing obviously shady going on or any promises broken (see: Vaughn, Rashad).

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

This guy is the publisher and editor for the UNLV Scout site.

If he chooses UNLV over offers from ISU and KU, then maybe we didn't really want him? You really want to go play for a school that is NEVER on TV, doesn't win, nobody talks about, etc, etc?

• Creative
Reactions: Arkansas Cyclone

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
For a few Cyclone fan's sake, I hope we sign Juiston or we might see mental breakdowns.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
If it is between UNLV and Iowa State, why would he visit DePaul?

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Just thinking out loud. He is looking for guaranteed playing time hence its between us and UNLV. If he wants to win he'll go to ISU but let's not pretend that UNLV doesn't put guys into the NBA. Confident our coaches sold the program, if he goes elsewhere so be it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If he chooses UNLV over offers from ISU and KU, then maybe we didn't really want him? You really want to go play for a school that is NEVER on TV, doesn't win, nobody talks about, etc, etc?

Hookers & blow, baby.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Interesting Tweets. We should also remember the tweets are from a UNLV source, if their hearing it is between ISU and UNLV and their basis for thinking UNLV is the favorite is Vegas over Ames (doubt they have experienced Hilton) rather than playing time, coach ties, or a real reason it is just speculation. Them reporting KU is out is good new for ISU.
Losing Shakur would sting after the effort the staff put in.. I trust the staff to rebound and find a replacement big.

• Agree
Reactions: every_yard