RECRUITING: Players Iowa State is involved with during the spring cycle

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Edwards had someone close to him that was trying to turn his recruitment into a job. When we found that out around the time of his visit we said thanks but no thanks.

This actually makes a lot of sense. He visited here, and all signs were pointing to a commitment, and then out of the blue he visits UNLV and LSU.

Two schools that are likely to play the game, or at least make some handoffs.

Reactions: rholtgraves

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
He's probably the one CW was referring to, about handlers studying film of Wiggington.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He's probably the one CW was referring to, about handlers studying film of Wiggington.
Edwards? Perhaps, if he was wanting to play pg as rumored.

The LSU coach just came from VCU and had previously recruited Edwards, and had hired Wichita State's juco recruiter. In regards to him playing pg and having Wigginton, sometimes you just have allude to what these guys want to hear.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
I think a good salesperson finds out what is preventing a sale and then tries to remove the obstacles. I think Prohm is a great sales person and he is doing this with Juiston. The only fear is we don't know the obstacles and how hard they will be to overcome and other coaches are doing the same thing. All we know is there is still an obstacle since he hasn't signed. Prohm visiting the family may be a clue and if that's the obstacle I like our chances cause Prohm seems to do well with soothing family ties.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Finish up with Juiston, Brown, and Morrow. Let's do this!

That would probably be the best we could hope for at this point. Can Brown play this coming year? If not, then Juiston would be the only one of the 4 that could help us this year.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
That would probably be the best we could hope for at this point. Can Brown play this coming year? If not, then Juiston would be the only one of the 4 that could help us this year.

I thought Elijah Brown was a graduate transfer.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I thought Elijah Brown was a graduate transfer.

Yep, you are correct. I'd be thrilled with Juiston, Brown, Morrow, and Shayok. You have 2 guys that can help immediately, and 2 guys to sit out.

However, Juiston, Brown, and Morrow are about the only 3 guys left on our initial radar, so we'd have to go 3 for 3 to get this accomplished. Everyone else on our initial radar have gone elsewhere.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
R-E-L-A-X. It is only April. There are still a lot of options available. It'll all work out in the end.

There are always "options" out there, but Juiston, Brown, Alstork, and Morrow are the only ones left on Jared's long list of spring guys we were involved with. Obviously if we land any 3 of these 4 that are left, we're in great shape. But we are running out of our "plan A" options.

If we go to the "plan B" options, we may have guys that are like Holden and just don't quite cut it at the Big 12 level. If it does come to that, then you take some grad transfers that will only be on the roster for this coming year and hope they pan out.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Shakur Juiston today had a Subway 12" BLT on Italian bread, light on the mayo with green peppers and red onions. He picked the Baked Lay's Potato Chips and a medium lemonade.

????

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Shakur Juiston today had a Subway 12" BLT on Italian bread, light on the mayo with green peppers and red onions. He picked the Baked Lay's Potato Chips and a medium lemonade.

Subway in Ames, Vegas, or Chicago? Details!
;)

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011

Crap....well we know Subway started in Connecticut. Connecticut was and may be coming back to the big east. Depaul is in the big east.
Hes gone..
Clearly.

• Agree
Reactions: CySmurf

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If he eats at Subway I don't want him here anyway.

• Useful
Reactions: CySmurf