RECRUITING: Players Iowa State is involved with during the spring cycle

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
His numbers are bad, but it's getting late in the game.

I think he probably has some upside considering he hasn't played a lot of basketball for a graduate senior. Might be able to give us 15-20 mins with some scoring ability off the bench.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think he probably has some upside considering he hasn't played a lot of basketball for a graduate senior. Might be able to give us 15-20 mins with some scoring ability off the bench.
Agree he's got some upside having recently come back to basketball and being 6'6" 250. Presumably his shot selection would improve via not being the go-to guy and having 34% usage. But I was surprised to see the 23% on over 90 attempts on 3Ps, and just poor shooting numbers all around.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I honestly can see him being a great for next year, someone that can score a little and bring good defense and rebounding. Plus he's just got one year so it doesnt hurt our potential odds with Race T the next year. I think Morrow could be a potential fan favorite with an uptempo system so he'd be a great get as well.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Agree he's got some upside having recently come back to basketball and being 6'6" 250. Presumably his shot selection would improve via not being the go-to guy and having 34% usage. But I was surprised to see the 23% on over 90 attempts on 3Ps, and just poor shooting numbers all around.

The guy is 250lbs. IMO, Beverly shouldn't be hanging out on the 3pt. line. He is probably more valuable to a team in the paint gettng offensive rebounds and put-back points.

I don't think Prohm is married to having a step-out post. Beverly might work well with posts like Young, Kasonga and Juiston giving ISU a physical post group on offense and defense.

Last edited:

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015

I don't think he'd be a bad option, but I'm still hopeful we get Juiston or someone else pops up.

Seams less athletic than Burton, but some better post moves kind of like Niang. Wonder how that would translate to the big12 at 6.6.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Seams less athletic than Burton, but some better post moves kind of like Niang. Wonder how that would translate to the big12 at 6.6.

I see a lot of Bowie similarities in his game. I think he'll be able to score in the Big 12 but it'd be tough defensively due to size. Unlike last year though having Young, Lard and Kasongo as size options could limit the exposure down low for him. Prohm figured out how to use Bowie properly the last half of the year. Could be a solid option.

• Disagree
Reactions: isutrevman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
6'6" 250 with some post moves translates well imo, but I'm not sure how such a low shooting percentage on a lot of attempts translates. One would have thought it would have led to better numbers at UTSA, but it looks like he took a lot of bad shots.

He's a lot bigger than Bowie. If he can just be physical and post-up a few times game he could hopefully rotate in and provide something different from Lard.

isubett

Jan 28, 2015
With Shayok committed 3 scholarships left and these players still available
- Elijah Brown (Visited Apr. 21-23)
- Shakur Juiston (Visited Apr. 14-16)
- Ed Morrow (Visits Apr. 28-30)

- Mark Alstork (Won't hear anything until he figures out where he stands in the draft)
- Michael Jacobson (ISU has not shown interest)

Grad Transfers

- Elijah Brown (Visited Apr. 21-23)
- Egor Koulechov (Committed to Florida)
- Mark Alstork (Entering NBA Draft, grad transfer as backup)
- Markel Crawford (Committed to Ole Miss)

JUCO

- Shakur Juiston (Visited Apr. 14-16)
- Daryl Edwards (Signed with LSU)

Sit-outs

- Ed Morrow (Visits Apr. 28-30)
- Marial Shayok (Committed to ISU)
- Michael Jacobson (Reported interest from his side)

High School

- Garrison Brooks (Committed to UNC)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron