Relief or Joy

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
It would have been way more joyful if we didn't have the 2 endzone turnovers and the blocked punt at the beginning. It just felt like every other year where we dominate the stats and find a way to lose. It was 100 percent relief when they missed the field goal at the end. Happy for CMC. Happy to get the monkey off our back.

Reactions: WhoISthis

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
This is probably the least joy I’ve ever had beating Iowa. Definitely relief.

Same. I won't apologize for the win but man that was incredibly ugly and disjointed. It was an affront to the football gods.

Reactions: Acylum

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
I already feel like we are Bowl Eligible since I firmly believe we had to WIN this one game 5 different times! What a rollercoaster we were on yesterday.

Jun 11, 2021
Sometimes there are games where two teams put on great performances and its almost a shame that only one team can win because they've both done everything they can to earn it. This was the opposite of that. Both teams did seemingly everything they could to lose but someone had to go home with the W. If you had told me before the game we turned the ball over 2 times and had two of our punts blocked, I would have figured we would've lost by 20+

Happy to have the W, but the bad feeling about it many have is understandable.
Key phrase there is "happy to have the W".

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Mostly relief for me. We still shot ourselves in the foot too many times with the blocked punts and turnovers. If we play a clean game we possibly win that game 14-0 or 21-0 as we basically gave Iowa a gift with that first blocked punt. For as much as we dominated the time of possession and yardage it felt like we should have won by more. Had Iowa had any kind of offense we probably would be sulking at another loss in the series.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Do you feel genuinely happy or just relieved? Me, just relief. I've come to really hate this game.
I HAVE HATED THIS GAME SINCE 1977...WHEN WE LOST 12-10...With a team that went over to Nebraska and beat the number 15th ranked cornhaulers!!

"This game is going to ruin Iowa State Football"...Quoting my wife on the ride home!!

Fifteen losses in a row to haydingy frying pan proved my wife's point!!

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Never a doubt.

That’s a lie. I aged 10 years in this game. When we won it was relief, followed by joy, followed by confusion, followed by laughter, followed by joy again.