Relief or Joy

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
Happy as hell! We did a half dozen things that each could've cost us the game, and we still won. We may actually have a legit OL, our QB has been solid and mostly on the money, and the front 7 looked much better than they did against SEMO.

Plus it was against those Iowa City douche bags and their fanbase that is turning on their QB and coaching staff. I'm going to enjoy the hell outta this one!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Joy. **** then and their fans. I literally was walking back from the game and was getting **** about the win. I don’t feel relief. I’m so so happy we finally got to beat them.

Reactions: Mr.G.Spot and NWICY

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Had an upset stomach all day. Took my granddaughter to a play place during the first half and walked the dog most of the second half. It's amazing how my stomach upset cleared up immediately after the game and I just had a big dinner. Now I'm gonna sit down and watch this game relaxed.

I can't take many more of these games. Seriously.

Jun 11, 2021
If all you feel is relief with no joy it may be time to find a new hobby. What's the point if a loss makes you miserable and a win doesn't bring you happiness.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
Both. Family lives in Iowa City and my kids have to endure so much from Iowa fans. Very good day for me and mine. Go F’ing Clones!
(And post 69 BOOM)

• Winner
Reactions: Cycho1 and BigTurk

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
It’s both. Glad to finally have that monkey off Campbell’s back, just wish we had a few more seasoned players out there to drive them into the dirt. It would have been a bit more cathartic.
Yep...both.

I think a loss would have stung more given than the joy of winning, if that makes sense.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Just relieved, but I will take it…and a 2-0 start. League play is going to be fun.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
I feel very similar to when we beat KSU and Snyder for the first time in forever. Both were stressful games that turned late. Hopefully we can begin a win streak against the Hawks now.

Reactions: Cycho1

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
100% relief. I’m so glad that damn streak is over. I don’t care about any of the circumstances around it or the future outcome of this season for both teams. I’m just relieved it’s over. Now on to the more important games!

Reactions: madguy30

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Relief ISU completely dominated that game at every position

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I was feeling pretty happy after the late sack/turnover on downs. After the bogus penalty/non call on blatant holding, the missed field goal was relief and frustration that it came to that. We outplayed them and deserved to win.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Nothing but joy here. I predicted a victory. Great joy for the team and our coach, as we were the better team for much of the game. One thing we know, is ISU will get better. Probably by the end of the year this victory will not mean much, because eiu was up for the game, but is lacking much real swagger this year.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
If all you feel is relief with no joy it may be time to find a new hobby. What's the point if a loss makes you miserable and a win doesn't bring you happiness.
My curse is that my hatred of losing exceeds my joy of winning. It sucks.

• Agree
Reactions: Clonedogg