Relief or Joy

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Relief, but frustrating that it was the same **** again, but luckily Iowa had mistakes like a CMC squad.

Seriously, to even be sweating out that FG attempt to this Iowa team is bull ****. Another year in which we should have won by 2+ scores.

Can’t wait to get the instate schools off the schedule. UNI/Iowa games under this staff are generally disappointing performances

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I feel more relieved. I was obvious who the better team was, we dominated them yet couldn't pull away on the scoreboard. Now Hawkeye fans think they were jobbed. We have to beat them decisively next year to shut them the hell up.

Reactions: exCYtable

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Both. I thought we were clearly better on both sides of the ball, but just made it close through a litany of mistakes. Playing through that was probably the only way to break that curse. Go Cyclones!

At first it was just relief, but now actually happy. It was good to see us fight through all the BS we put ourselves in, and finish it out. We were clearly the far better team which didn't show on the scoreboard.

Just wish we wouldn't make the dumb mistakes. The COVID year we won a lot of close ones, last year we see how mistakes killed us in close ones. Let's do option a first.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I hate this game every Sept, win or lose. I'm fine with scheduling someone else. Oh, and **** iowa

Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
Do you feel genuinely happy or just relieved? Me, just relief. I've come to really hate this game.

Can't really say that I feel happy. We could have finished our opponent in the first half, but we made mistakes to keep them in the game. We need cleaner execution in conference play, or we will pay for our mistakes.

But... today renewed my hatred of the Iowa fanbase. I am elated that we won this game by shoving a 99 3/4" yard drive down the throats of their beloved defense. And where the frick was Spencer on that drive. He didn't have a single tackle.

H

• Agree
Reactions: WhoISthis

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
If all you feel is relief with no joy it may be time to find a new hobby. What's the point if a loss makes you miserable and a win doesn't bring you happiness.
But in this particular series, we've played some good games and still lost on dumb/fluky plays. That's when the losses really get unbearable. If you play well and get beat by a better team, tip your hat and move on. When you continually lose a close game by making monumental, pants-crappingly dumb plays in the biggest moments and your opponent capitalizes on Every. Single. One... All I wanted was to break that streak. I don't care how it looked, and for this game after the last 6 years I'm as relieved as I am happy. Like that 10 year streak to Snyder. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop. And it finally doesn't drop, and we get the W.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think we’d all enjoy the game more if/when KF moves on, even if the next coach is great.

These games of easily outgaining them and losing or almost losing are draining.

I also think having DM and Breece might have baited us into playing into their strength more than we should have. When you have an obvious NFL rb it’s hard not to just feed them the ball.

Reactions: exCYtable

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
But in this particular series, we've played some good games and still lost on dumb/fluky plays. That's when the losses really get unbearable. If you play well and get beat by a better team, tip your hat and move on. When you continually lose a close game by making monumental, pants-crappingly dumb plays in the biggest moments and your opponent capitalizes on Every. Single. One... All I wanted was to break that streak. I don't care how it looked, and for this game after the last 6 years I'm as relieved as I am happy. Like that 10 year streak to Snyder. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop. And it finally doesn't drop, and we get the W.

Breece lost 2 or 3 fumbles his entire career and one was poked out for 7 in this game. Stuff like that. I’d call that more of a fluke than saying he wasn’t ready to play or the team wasn’t ready.

Reactions: besserheimerphat

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
We beat a bad team with a historically bad offense and what appears to be an overrated defense. I sincerely hope the players and coaching staff are not doing cartwheels over this win. If we continue playing like this we won’t be playing in a bowl.
Do u really think they are doing cartwheels.......come on.

Relief. I hate the game.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If all you feel is relief with no joy it may be time to find a new hobby. What's the point if a loss makes you miserable and a win doesn't bring you happiness.

Sometimes there are games where two teams put on great performances and its almost a shame that only one team can win because they've both done everything they can to earn it. This was the opposite of that. Both teams did seemingly everything they could to lose but someone had to go home with the W. If you had told me before the game we turned the ball over 2 times and had two of our punts blocked, I would have figured we would've lost by 20+

Happy to have the W, but the bad feeling about it many have is understandable.

Reactions: BryceC and Acylum

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Relived that we got back in this rivalry after 5 games.

This was the Iowa team we should have put up 49 points in their house, instead we almost lost to a really really really bad team.
How many conference games do we win with 2 blocked punts, 3 TOs, and three possessions that get to first and goals that earn us a total of 3 points? 1? 2? 0?

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
How many conference games do we win with 2 blocked punts, 3 TOs, and three possessions that get to first and goals that earn us a total of 3 points? 1? 2? 0?
This is a team with a lot of new faces, that just played their second game. Even Alabama looked flawed yesterday. Instead of looking at the mistakes, let’s look at the potential. I think the team is advancing beyond typical CMC Sept team performance. We definitely have some potential. Enjoy the journey.

Reactions: LincolnSwinger

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I can see having this perception after SEMO. After yesterday, not so much.
Some people like to troll. If this is what you really think, hope we can make a believer out of you yet. I do agree we are not likely to go undefeated this year. Much season yet to play, the glass could well be half full. I love being 2-0.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Some people like to troll. If this is what you really think, hope we can make a believer out of you yet. I do agree we are not likely to go undefeated this year. Much season yet to play, the glass could well be half full. I love being 2-0.
I’m sorry but yesterday’s performance wins us maybe 3 conference games at most. We don’t play in the b1g W unfortunately. If that makes me a troll I guess I’m a troll.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I’m sorry but yesterday’s performance wins us maybe 3 conference games at most. We don’t play in the b1g W unfortunately. If that makes me a troll I guess I’m a troll.
Sorry as I wasn’t totally sure where you were coming from. Didn’t mean to make you out a troll. All I will say is we will get better as a CMC team has a tendency to do that. We don’t normally win the conference so what has changed. I am waiting for when we do. A lot more fun than watching years ago.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

If they go out and look bad next week I'll wonder but there's been plenty of Septembers where a bowl game looked pretty bleak and it worked out.

I'm actually glad (since they won) that they didn't come out and play flawless. Lots to improve on and a good opponent to tune up with.