REPORT: Campbell bringing OC, O-Line coaches with him to ISU

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Didn't Jerry Kill take a good portion of his staff at Northern Illinois with him to Minnesota?

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Mitchell Moore@mooremt09 27m27 minutes agoAmes, IA
The head ball coach @ISUMattCampbell and staff has the War Room rocking tonight... #CyclONEnation
CVHLKwUUAAADdU_.jpg

I can tell Ayeni and looks like Golesh (along with Campbell), wonder who the others are. And wonder if that means Moore is sticking around?

Edit: Dude with his phone out is Candle maybe?

Last edited:

Cyked15

Jan 27, 2012
Jason Candle (OC on phone) John Keysureski (Director of HS relations) and Tyson Veidt(LBs in back left) Alex Golesh (TE/Recruiting Coordinator back right) in that photo. All Toledo people

Last edited:

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
Didn't Jerry Kill take a good portion of his staff at Northern Illinois with him to Minnesota?

Yep, I don't recall if he brought them all, but if not, nearly all. To those who are having such a problem with this, step back - If you were a new CEO of a company, would your first priority be to hire a bunch of folks with whom you've never worked?! Heck no. You'd want people around you that you know and trust. That will be much more important to your/his success than picking based on a map of who's recruited where. Not saying "territories" are irrelevant but much less important than staff trust/familiarity/etc.\

And, this is nothing like Chizik's staff. Campbell has worked with these guys at a very successful program. Chizik's staff was a hodge podge of buddies from along the way. I think a few may have even been looking for work. No comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: swarthmoreCY

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I really do almost feel bad for that Toledo team. He is almost poaching away the whole staff.

I kinda do too. The bowl game won't be as fun and rewarding for the players as they deserve. Oh well I guess that's what they get for beating us. :twitcy:

Cyked15

Jan 27, 2012
I guess the biggest thing I can see about him bringing guys in that haven't been on this stage before is that they are young, hungry and work together well. Maybe that is what we need; Still going to need some Texas connections and some grey hairs, but I have no problem with the majority of the coaches being young and relatable to the players.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The one thing I worry about these guys that he's bringing with him is they're all the same story, played at a super small
School, coached at small schools. He has an increased budget now he can set his sites for assistants a little higher. Yes, he needs someone with extensive Texas ties but also a couple of people who have been around the major college game if not as an assistant, at least as a player

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
. And wonder if that means Moore is sticking around?

[\QUOTE]

I think Moore is staying for sure. Still waiting to see if Linquist and Eggen (or any others, for that matter) will be staying. I would say Linquist unlikely since he brought a guy to coach DBs.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I really do almost feel bad for that Toledo team. He is almost poaching away the whole staff.

It's lonely at the top. Sometimes you gotta step on a few throats to get there. Campbell is going to take the best coaches he can get. Toledo will have to deal with it.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Everyone stop feeling sorry for Toledo- sheesh! Toledo is going to be fine. They will continue to be a marquee program in the MAC. Such is life in their conference: burn, rinse, repeat.

ISU needs to be cutthroat if we ever expect to claw our way out of the cellar. No one is feeling sorry for us...

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I'm just not crazy about this hire, that's why I'm being a little negative. But the same could be said for the sunshine pumpers in this thread proclaiming MC as the greatest ISU football coach ever. With our ineptitude in football under JP, why should I be crazy positive?

Hey, I hope I'm wrong and MC wins a bunch of games and takes ISU to the next level. We'll see...

I suppose you are like Marty and Miller.......and thought we should have went after Brady Hoke.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Are the asst coaches going to go back to Toledo and help with the bowl games or are they done?

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
I am in the camp of not feeling sorry for Toledo, second most talented team in the MAC and they beat us last year. Thank you for your coach, and no hard feelings I'm sure they will be fine. You think in any hypothetical that a top 15 program would feel bad for us if they hired our coach away? I'm sorry but it's the nature of the business

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
. And wonder if that means Moore is sticking around?

[\QUOTE]

I think Moore is staying for sure. Still waiting to see if Linquist and Eggen (or any others, for that matter) will be staying. I would say Linquist unlikely since he brought a guy to coach DBs.

I would say unlikely based on the play of our DBs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron