MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Just wanted to leave you all with this information, being that the new site has been giving my phone a total fit (Galaxy Note 5), i went ahead and tried to see if the new forum will open in a forum reading app... Well, if you can see this post, I succeeded. With some caveats. I'm using an app called Forum Talker from the Play Store. To get it working, add a new forum, and set the URL address to [http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/]. You can also go to settings inside the app and hit "Authorize", and then sign in to your CF account. The only major caveats I've noticed with it thus far are that there is no section for the likes of a "Recent Posts" area, so every forum is sorted into sections like it used to be. However, the most recent post in each forum is displayed on the main page. Otherwise, you do have to directly open each forum to see the list of posts inside it. Also, I haven't seen much for a direct message/conversation system as of yet. Long story short, if you just want something lightweight to read and leave comments on threads, this app will do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyArob

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Just wanted to leave you all with this information, being that the new site has been giving my phone a total fit (Galaxy Note 5), i went ahead and tried to see if the new forum will open in a forum reading app... Well, if you can see this post, I succeeded. With some caveats. I'm using an app called Forum Talker from the Play Store. To get it working, add a new forum, and set the URL address to [http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/]. You can also go to settings inside the app and hit "Authorize", and then sign in to your CF account. The only major caveats I've noticed with it thus far are that there is no section for the likes of a "Recent Posts" area, so every forum is sorted into sections like it used to be. However, the most recent post in each forum is displayed on the main page. Otherwise, you do have to directly open each forum to see the list of posts inside it. Also, I haven't seen much for a direct message/conversation system as of yet. Long story short, if you just want something lightweight to read and leave comments on threads, this app will do that.

Doing the lords work.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Good way to use the app: as new posts come up, hit the subscribe button on them all. Then, in the left-side panel, all threads you subscribe too show up in there for reading. That way you can read threads other than the most recently active one.

cydline2cydline

Sep 17, 2011
Altoonaville
Is there a way to view the most recent posts? In the old days I could see the most recent comments with their thread title, but for the life of me can't figure it out.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: DurangoCy

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
It seems like after I use the blue dot to go to the first unread post, and scroll through the posts, at some point my screen goes back up to the post I started with. This is on an Android using Chrome.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
It seems like after I use the blue dot to go to the first unread post, and scroll through the posts, at some point my screen goes back up to the post I started with. This is on an Android using Chrome.

It's because the page hasn't fully loaded when you start scrollling. When it's done loading, that's when it goes back up to the post you started with.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I'm either stupid or I just started working, but the ability to click on the last post from the forum home page is nice.

Also, Charter's face showing up in the middle of the page is a bit alarming.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I'm either stupid or I just started working, but the ability to click on the last post from the forum home page is nice.

Also, Charter's face showing up in the middle of the page is a bit alarming.

That's just going to be in the Real Estate forum. I really don't want this forum to be weighed down too much by ads. Miscommunication between me and the developer. Should be gone by the end of the day.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
It's because the page hasn't fully loaded when you start scrollling. When it's done loading, that's when it goes back up to the post you started with.

I've noticed this behavior too, also using Chrome browser on Android devices if that matters. The page appears to be fully loaded, but something else must be completing in the background for several seconds before it finally jumps to the most recent post. It doesn't really seem to be a defect exactly, but certainly a performance issue that detracts from usability. It certainly seems like something that could be optimized a bit, I'm on Google Fiber so connection speed on my end shouldn't be a problem.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Would be nice to get to the last post in a thread via the Recent Posts page.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
That's just going to be in the Real Estate forum. I really don't want this forum to be weighed down too much by ads. Miscommunication between me and the developer. Should be gone by the end of the day.

No worries, thought it was pretty funny actually.
I figured out you have to sign in to go to the last post, so I am stupid.

Good work.
SW

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Try signing in.
200w.gif

Reactions: DurangoCy

rdtindsm

Jan 30, 2008
Some time ago I was criticized when I corrected a staff writer's usage of a metaphor from free reign v. to free rein, that a public scolding was uncalled for. Now, I think that anyone that writes for a living would be more than willing to be corrected in order to improve his craft and should be professional enough to accept that correction.
It was not the staff writer that complained, but I actually wanted to send a personal message as an e-mail or some such.
Suggestion is to introduce a process to do that, if it can be done without opening another can of worms.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron