Respect for these players

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
While most of you are probably waking up from a day of partying, those kids are waking up sore, tired, beat up, injured, and more disappointed than any of us. If you've ever played sports at a competitive level, you know this is true. They've been working all year to be a better team. They've spent countless hours in the weight room, meetings, and practices in hopes that this season would be different. They've sacrificed more than most here will ever understand and what do we do in return? We give them a load of crap to wake up to after a tough loss.

Realize that while the "fans" are nursing hangovers today, those players are probably already looking at game film and trying to figure out how to get better. They're getting treatment on their banged up bodies so they can go out and do it again next week.

We all want wins, none more than those guys in that locker room.

Go State!

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Football is a violent sport, I'm sure they had no idea when they signed up to play it in college.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Football is a violent sport, I'm sure they had no idea when they signed up to play it in college.

Your point is what? They don't deserve respect because football is violent and they know this? Go back to bed.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
While most of you are probably waking up from a day of partying, those kids are waking up sore, tired, beat up, injured, and more disappointed than any of us. If you've ever played sports at a competitive level, you know this is true. They've been working all year to be a better team. They've spent countless hours in the weight room, meetings, and practices in hopes that this season would be different. They've sacrificed more than most here will ever understand and what do we do in return? We give them a load of crap to wake up to after a tough loss.

Realize that while the "fans" are nursing hangovers today, those players are probably already looking at game film and trying to figure out how to get better. They're getting treatment on their banged up bodies so they can go out and do it again next week.

We all want wins, none more than those guys in that locker room.

Go State!

Amen. I would love to witness the Al Bundy's and Uncle Rico's on this board try to go through what they do.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Most of the criticism of players has been entirely respectful

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Your point is what? They don't deserve respect because football is violent and they know this? Go back to bed.

The defense and punting and kickoffs looks much better from last year. The offense looks worse. Toledo will be a big game, bigger than KU. They need to be ready. They can beat Toledo.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
...and the coaches. Hopefully they're not too sore.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
1) Did I mention coaches? No, this is about the players.
2) I read that the players quit, our o-line sucks, we can only beat KU, etc. I don't think that is respectful.
3) It isn't about the players being sore. Rabbuk, seriously, just stop. You obviously don't get it.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
1) Did I mention coaches? No, this is about the players.
2) I read that the players quit, our o-line sucks, etc. I don't think that is respectful.
3) It isn't about the players being sore. Rabbuk, seriously, just stop. You obviously don't get it.
Literally your thesis statement is about them being sore.

While most of you are probably waking up from a day of partying, those kids are waking up sore, tired, beat up, injured, and more disappointed than any of us.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Someone needs to say it: Maybe players shouldn't spend their time here. If they are, that explains a lot more than soreness ever will.

As for "made sacrifices," everyone makes sacrifices to do something. That's how life works.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Literally your thesis statement is about them being sore.

While most of you are probably waking up from a day of partying, those kids are waking up sore, tired, beat up, injured, and more disappointed than any of us.

I hear you yet then they need to get a real running game to make everyone feel better. Why get beat up for another loss?

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Rabbuk, it's about respecting people for working hard, dedicating themselves, and trying to do all the right things. Sometimes despite those efforts, you get beat. Not just in sports but in life. That's the way it goes sometimes.

At some point in your life you may come to the realization that supporting a person, group, team, whatever, who has faced adversity but still shows up and works hard is a far better thing than praising a person only for success. Or, you might just go through life being an a-hole. Who knows.