Rest of the Way

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I hate to say this but we’re due for a home loss. We aren’t going to run the table.
The last two years have me a bit concerned about this too, but this team has seemed to take special pride in defending home court this year…and they’ve already taken care of the two toughest tasks. The rest of the home opponents (sans TCU) are either teams we only see once or have lost to already. Last year it seemed the February woes were tied to teams seeing ISU a second time around and sort of had their number.

Reactions: rosshm16

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
This team is different than the past 2 years. We don’t mess around with inferior teams at home and our players are on an upward trajectory as we get into February, unlike the last 2 years when our leaders were 5th year guys that came out of the gates hot. Also, last year’s home losses the end of the season were due mostly to Grill’s injury. Losing any offense and floor spacing off such a limited team was way too much to overcome.

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
I believe we're supposed to hate Utah and love BYU because of the realignment stuff but I think that's bs. You make Melvin Ejim flip you off and Deandre Kane gouge your eyes out and you're on my **** list for life. No way in hell I want to get swept by a team either. Hope Hilton is explicit that day.
My brother worked at Utah St for a few years and said everyone in the Big 12 will come to hate BYU sooner or later.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
We can’t think ahead and worry about anybody. The only game that matters is tomorrow- just need to handle TCU and protect home court.

I am pretending I am TCU, and I am looking ahead. Hopefully that should help ISU win.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I hate to say this but we’re due for a home loss. We aren’t going to run the table.

I think they come out flat today and TCU's got some athletes so it's possible.

One positive regarding trends of the last two years (different players/team makeups) is that the bad TCU game in Hilton two years ago was late January (1/22) along with that awful game at Tech last season (1/30).

Maybe they've got more juice this year to push through.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
We can’t think ahead and worry about anybody. The only game that matters is tomorrow- just need to handle TCU and protect home court.

We can do whatever. We're just fans.

This thread is bad MOJO. Best way to continue success is not talk about success.
I hesitated to start this thread, but didn't mean it as overlooking TCU or anyone else. No different than a thread at the beginning of the season, expressing expectations. So hopefully the coaches and players reading this thread will be able to concentrate on the game today! ;)

Reactions: T-oh double D

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We have to do one of the hardest things in a team sport, take them one game at a time, and after that game is over, flush it and move on to the next game. KSU couldn't do that and ended up with a 3/4 game losing streak. You really cannot look ahead to playing a Kansas or Houston on a Wednesday, because the league is so good that by doing it, you end up losing to a WV or OSU on the Saturday before.

Let's beat TCU today, we can worry about the next game starting Sunday.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
We have to do one of the hardest things in a team sport, take them one game at a time, and after that game is over, flush it and move on to the next game. KSU couldn't do that and ended up with a 3/4 game losing streak. You really cannot look ahead to playing a Kansas or Houston on a Wednesday, because the league is so good that by doing it, you end up losing to a WV or OSU on the Saturday before.

Let's beat TCU today, we can worry about the next game starting Sunday.
Team: Focus on today

Fan: OK to dream of national championship game victory!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Team: Focus on today

Fan: OK to dream of national championship game victory!
We can be playing the NE Arkansas school of the poor, and I'll downplay our chances till the game is done. I was nervous as a hooker in church till the buzzer sounded in Austin. It was a fun road trip though.

• Funny
Reactions: NENick

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
This team is different than the past 2 years. We don’t mess around with inferior teams at home and our players are on an upward trajectory as we get into February, unlike the last 2 years when our leaders were 5th year guys that came out of the gates hot. Also, last year’s home losses the end of the season were due mostly to Grill’s injury. Losing any offense and floor spacing off such a limited team was way too much to overcome.

BRE going from the worst player in the Big 12 receiving significant (40% plus) minutes to above average is an enormous leap. He was -3.9 bpm in conference games...50 some, to 40 out of 90 and 4.5. Thats a massive leap. A little bit is attributable to the team being better but this by itself is huge. 1000001630.jpg 1000001629.jpg

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I believe we're supposed to hate Utah and love BYU because of the realignment stuff but I think that's bs. You make Melvin Ejim flip you off and Deandre Kane gouge your eyes out and you're on my **** list for life. No way in hell I want to get swept by a team either. Hope Hilton is explicit that day.

I don't see a reason to like either one.