Restaurants in Ames.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
My ISU students have gravitate their expectations for dinner out when mom and dad come to visit from Hickory Park to The Cafe in North Ames, Provisions south, or Aunt Maudes...

My college experience was different: When I was a student I remember having to sell text books one semester to have gas money to go home...Thankfully pitchers of beer were only $5 back then, and we always got the Daily if for no other reason than to clip out the Pizza Pit coupons. Splurging was Long Island Ice Teas in Bahama Mama glasses at Minsky's!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My ISU students have gravitate their expectations for dinner out when mom and dad come to visit from Hickory Park to The Cafe in North Ames, Provisions south, or Aunt Maudes...

My college experience was different: When I was a student I remember having to sell text books one semester to have gas money to go home...Thankfully pitchers of beer were only $5 back then, and we always got the Daily if for no other reason than to clip out the Pizza Pit coupons.

Your 2nd paragraph is posting my college experience.

Reactions: CyberJJJ

charlie_B

Mar 21, 2017
Apparently the Wendy's is just temporary. The BK closed because the owner passed and the family can find a buyer.
I believe this is correct. The Wendy's is a staffing issue. Probably because they don't want to pay too much for labor.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I believe this is correct. The Wendy's is a staffing issue. Probably because they don't want to pay too much for labor.

For Wendy’s that makes sense. Now that students are gone, the labor market has probably dried up.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Isn't it harder to hire when you can't tell people that you're open? Seems like that could be a labor and revenue problem.

Seems like it would be. In this market someone looking for a job is going to want to know they're going to get the hours they want, and there's plenty of places that'll give that.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik