Return of the Superdog!

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
gyros > hotdogs
Back when gyros were not as ubiquitous, I might have been more inclined to agree. But when Arby's sells a gyro on their regular menu, the after bar street cart variety just isn't as special. It's not like they're fresh slicing their meat off of a rotisserie.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Back when gyros were not as ubiquitous, I might have been more inclined to agree. But when Arby's sells a gyro on their regular menu, the after bar street cart variety just isn't as special. It's not like they're fresh slicing their meat off of a rotisserie.
But still its still a hotdog. I mean you buy a package of them for like 95 cents. Lips and ********, you are comparing an Arbys menu item, to a HOTDOG! They are fine, for a cheap drunk food, but a hotdog is far subpar to even a bad gyro.

A gyro will always be better than a hotdog. At least for me. But I dont hate hotdogs either. They are just not on the same playing field.

The best gyro I ever had was out of a food truck. Mind you they did carve the meat off a rotisserie right there.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I have gone all 41 years of my life without ever having a single hotdog. Not sure if that's the cause of all my issues, but a Superdog doesn't sound any more enticing to me.

• Wow
Reactions: MJ29

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

I love a good processed gyro. But I get disappointed when I order one only to find out it is pre-sliced frozen strips. Getting it from the giant processed meat stick is the way to go.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Let me know when the good gyros come back. When they have feta and tabasco. Last time I got one after the game I was thoroughly disappointed.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
I love a good processed gyro. But I get disappointed when I order one only to find out it is pre-sliced frozen strips. Getting it from the giant processed meat stick is the way to go.
Not to derail too much, but... Pammel is the GOAT!

Reactions: SCNCY

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I have gone all 41 years of my life without ever having a single hotdog. Not sure if that's the cause of all my issues, but a Superdog doesn't sound any more enticing to me.

Someone get this guy a Hebrew National, stat!

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I was a bigger fan of fajita man but iirc he retired a few years back. I was bummed to learn superdog was gone when i came back this football season hoping to snag some for my family. Glad to hear it is back.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I am too old for Superdogs; they showed up as I was done in 2005/2006.

But getting those gyros, double feta, no veggies was awesome. I like peppers and onions generally speaking, but this was the way to go.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
It's good and I don't like hot dogs.

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
The truly elite food stand was my man Mark the Fajita man. That was glorious after a night on Welch when I was in school

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Gyro order… “XL no tomato’s” xl being double meat and sauce. Sometimes I ate my gyro walking to the super dog stand.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron