RIP Steve Albini

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Just heard he passed away yesterday at 61 years old. The guy was a legendary music producer/audio engineer, particularly on the indie scene, who worked on a bunch of iconic albums like Pixies:Surfer Rosa and Nirvana:In Utero. Also worked the Breeders, Bush, Jesus Lizard, Veruca Salt, and a laundry list of others. Gone too soon.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
He semi-recently did an episode of Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend with Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic.

Reactions: Clonefan32

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
He semi-recently did an episode of Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend with Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic.

Yeah, that's very worth listening to. I love them talking about prank calling Gene Simmons. But beyond that, it's really good insight into the making of In Utero

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yeah, that's very worth listening to. I love them talking about prank calling Gene Simmons. But beyond that, it's really good insight into the making of In Utero
Here's a clip of that part. Good stuff

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I regularly go back and watch some of his interviews on YouTube. Especially the In Utero session interviews. He was so cool, and open and honest. Won't see another guy like him again...truly a sad day in music.

Reactions: Mr Janny