Road wins are fun!

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I know us Cyclone fans are not used to road wins, but we've won three games on the road in conference thanks to Otz and crew! It's been a fun season and with the way we're able to play on the road, I think we can win two more (I'm not expecting a win at Houston, but that would be sexy if we could somehow pull that off). We're in a great spot to finish in the top three of the conference this season. This guy that Applebees named a burger after is a pretty special coach.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Honestly, I don't think teams (or at least fans) want to see us on the schedule right now, regardless of location.

These guys seem to be actually increasing the intensity on defense on the road (which makes sense as your offense is not always as sharp in a strange environment).
Agreed and TJ is rotating them enough they aren't seeming to get overly worn down. Helps when the role players come in and play as well as they are. Could be an extra special season. I don't feel they're getting that much media hype either which will make the wins better and better. This defense isn't perfect but it's pretty close.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Agreed and TJ is rotating them enough they aren't seeming to get overly worn down. Helps when the role players come in and play as well as they are. Could be an extra special season. I don't feel they're getting that much media hype either which will make the wins better and better. This defense isn't perfect but it's pretty close.
That rotation is so key when you play with this kind of intensity. I think our last two teams wore down late in the year due to the lack of that kind of depth. I'll add that I think we could even go 10 deep with Omaha if we needed to.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
That rotation is so key when you play with this kind of intensity. I think our last two teams wore down late in the year due to the lack of that kind of depth. I'll add that I think we could even go 10 deep with Omaha if we needed to.
Ya I'm a little surprised he hasn't gotten any time at all. Hopefully he is around next year when we need bodies down low.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I really hope Omaha gets some time. He's not a detriment when he's on the court if he doesn't try to do too much and plays decent defense. Right now it seems like he's our 10th man, but would like to see him come in when we have a decent lead and/or foul trouble at the 3/4. Dude needs some more time to give him confidence going into next season.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I really hope Omaha gets some time. He's not a detriment when he's on the court if he doesn't try to do too much and plays decent defense. Right now it seems like he's our 10th man, but would like to see him come in when we have a decent lead and/or foul trouble at the 3/4. Dude needs some more time to give him confidence going into next season.
I do too, but I get the feeling that TJ is letting Omaha know what needs to be done to make that happen, and I don't get the feeling that Omaha is upset about it. I think Omaha has a really good head on his shoulders and a team first attitude, and I really, really hope he's on the roster and breaks through over the summer.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I do too, but I get the feeling that TJ is letting Omaha know what needs to be done to make that happen, and I don't get the feeling that Omaha is upset about it. I think Omaha has a really good head on his shoulders and a team first attitude, and I really, really hope he's on the roster and breaks through over the summer.
He always seems excited and full of energy and smiles on the bench. Dude has so much potential that I just hope we can keep him. If he's on our roster next year and is close to as good as his HS ranking, next years team will be disgusting.

MTCyclone43

Feb 22, 2016
Speaking of Omaha, last night's game he seemed a bit disinterested in the huddle during timeouts. That is the first time I have witnessed this- Omaha is usually one of the first off the bench during timeouts.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Speaking of Omaha, last night's game he seemed a bit disinterested in the huddle during timeouts. That is the first time I have witnessed this- Omaha is usually one of the first off the bench during timeouts.

I noticed that too. There was a timeout where the camera was right in the huddle and he was kind of staring into the abyss. But by all accounts he's a great teammate. Sometimes when we are on a run or a big shot happens I'll try to watch him on the bench and he's definitely into it. I can see not having laser focus on what TJ was drawing up, knowing there is a very minimal chance he's going to be needed.

Reactions: MTCyclone43

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I love it when Lipsey, Gilbert, and CJones are on the floor at the same time. At one point in the 2nd half, it was those three, Milan, and Ward. That's tough.

Reactions: Gibbon

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If the last time he played was agaisnt KSU, I understand why it was his last time. It's the only time that I foused on him. Tried very hard...I'll say that.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I'm not complaining, but it hurts we lost that Baylor game... we came out a little flat.

Also, OU was lucky to get us early... if ISU went to Norman now, I think they beat OU fairly easily.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Will make the trip to be in the Mecca of basketball on Saturday. Tech has a good coach but must be destroyed. Plan to have fun.

Reactions: NWICY

Help Support Us

Become a patron