MLB: Royals set their rotation

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Just hope Hochevar is ready soon, he is a legit top of the rotation guy. Add him to that group and you really have a solid four. Add in the young hitters and it could be a good team by the end of the year.

cyclonemaniac7

Apr 11, 2006
I think the Royals could potentially be .500 this year if this rotation does as predicted. They are pretty solid at many positions, but pitching has always killed them.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I think the Royals could potentially be .500 this year if this rotation does as predicted. They are pretty solid at many positions, but pitching has always killed them.

They have been brutal with their pitching scouting... Drafting a guy in the top 3 picks that throws 99 but has no idea where it goes is never a good idea and Greinke hasn't been the 'next Greg Maddux' like they expected.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
They have been brutal with their pitching scouting... Drafting a guy in the top 3 picks that throws 99 but has no idea where it goes is never a good idea and Greinke hasn't been the 'next Greg Maddux' like they expected.

I wouldn't rule out Greinke just yet. I like the fact that the Royals are finally developing some great young talent like Gordon and Butler. What's going to hurt KC is being in a division were you are going to have to play Detroit and Clevland a total of 36 times.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Just hope Hochevar is ready soon, he is a legit top of the rotation guy. Add him to that group and you really have a solid four. Add in the young hitters and it could be a good team by the end of the year.

What a job by Dayton Moore! Just think, 2 year ago Scott Elarton was the opening day starter. Before that, Jose Lima. Wow.

Yep, hopefully in a couple months, Hochevar will be ready to go. Meche, Bannister, Greinke, Hochevar..... that pitching staff has a bright future if Greinke can keephis head straight and Hochevar looks like he did this year in Spring Training.

Also, Bale has looked good in spring training and last year out of the bullpen, I actually think we could have a good pitching staff this year. I doubt the bullpen can match what they did last year though.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
Wow, I didn't realize there were so many Royals fans out there. :fingers crossed: that when Monday rolls around, the Royals won't be blacked out on DirecTV channel 648 (soon to be FSN Kansas City) like they were last year.

I've sent numerous e-mails to many people inquiring about this and no one has been able to give me an answer.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm not a Royals fan although George Brett is one of my all time favorites, just a baseball fan that follows the minors and prospects more than I probably should.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I am a HUGE Cubs fan but if I had to pick a team to cheer for in the AL it would be KC. I would love to see them make some waves in the AL Central, but that is a tough division this year.

I thought I had heard something a while ago about KC potentially going to the NL Central and Milwaukee going back to the AL. Anyone heard this?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I am a HUGE Cubs fan but if I had to pick a team to cheer for in the AL it would be KC. I would love to see them make some waves in the AL Central, but that is a tough division this year.

I thought I had heard something a while ago about KC potentially going to the NL Central and Milwaukee going back to the AL. Anyone heard this?

Heard it discussed on KC sports radio in the past. Not gonna happen.

The deal is some people thought they should have gone to the National League Central instead of Milwaukee, and I believe they had the opportunity to, but turned it down. Which in hindsight was a bad idea, as the AL Central is usually tougher than the NL Central and it takes less money to compete in the NL.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Heard it discussed on KC sports radio in the past. Not gonna happen.

The deal is some people thought they should have gone to the National League Central instead of Milwaukee, and I believe they had the opportunity to, but turned it down. Which in hindsight was a bad idea, as the AL Central is usually tougher than the NL Central and it takes less money to compete in the NL.

I think they were looking into it so they could get an in-state rivarly going with the Cards and fill the place when the Cubs where in town.

JJ4ISU

Apr 11, 2006
WDM Side of Waukee
I'm sure the other three Royals fans in the world will be glad to here this :wink:

It's all in good fun :yes:

You might be surprised how many Royals' fans there are. They have sucked for so long, most just keep quiet. If they were ever to make a pennant run, they would come out of the woodwork. They were a great franchise before the 1990s.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm a Royals fan, and my wife wants to go down this summer and maybe get tickets for a whole series.

I can't figure out why. ;)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron