Alert: RULE REMINDER: Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DistrictCyclone

Yup. That was the entire post.

That particular poster has been riding the edge all weekend long, I think.

I need to start paying more attention; I never notice things like this.

On the original topic, I'm very disappointed. Everyone here is extremely polite and respectful (like most Iowa State people I know), and I'm happy we've got mods who care about that and are not afraid to take action so we can maintain a civil decorum here.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

On the original topic, I'm very disappointed. Everyone here is extremely polite and respectful (like most Iowa State people I know), and I'm happy we've got mods who care about that and are not afraid to take action so we can maintain a civil decorum here.

Pretty sure it was in the cave so you probably won't see things like that.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Lets say it was "MontyBurns". Thats safe.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I could see the start of something like this topic in a Cave thread that was going strong on Friday. Poster 1 was discussing how his daughters will be married when they are financially independent and can afford their own health insurance, and Poster 2 very stupidly retorted that in the meantime, Poster 1's daughters' boyfriends would enjoy the "fruits" of their relationship without having to pay for a ring.

Poster 2's response annoyed me greatly, and if he was dumb enough to continue on that line of trolling to its inevitable conclusion, we are better off without him.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I see, so an extra account eh.

No, I was kidding. MB seemed to be a fan favorite around here with his crazy posts. Just brought him back for some nostalgia.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty

To be fair to yourself, i doubt the post was up for more than 2 minutes.

I think everyone needs to understand and be reminded that posting here is a privilege and comes with responsibility. While fun and games are nice, some lines can't be crossed, and that in some threads jokes aren't appropriate.

I know i need reminded of that sometimes.

Reactions: Angie

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I could see the start of something like this topic in a Cave thread that was going strong on Friday. Poster 1 was discussing how his daughters will be married when they are financially independent and can afford their own health insurance, and Poster 2 very stupidly retorted that in the meantime, Poster 1's daughters' boyfriends would enjoy the "fruits" of their relationship without having to pay for a ring.

Poster 2's response annoyed me greatly, and if he was dumb enough to continue on that line of trolling to its inevitable conclusion, we are better off without him.
Actually I think this took place in the pistol whipping nuns thread, which is now closed.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

no

D

DistrictCyclone

Pretty sure it was in the cave so you probably won't see things like that.

Ahh. Yes, I avoid the cave. In fact, I didn't even know what it was until a few weeks ago. I felt "dirty" when I checked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.