***Rumor K-State & Snyder

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Are you this dumb? I clearly state in my post their quarterback play was terrible this year. They have 2 guys with no accuracy. Once again, a competent passing game would have won them at least 2 or 3 more games. Got it?

And why do they have incompetent quarterbacks? Seems somebody didn't evaluate right, or didn't develop. That would be the coach on both accounts.. Got it?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
And why do they have incompetent quarterbacks? Seems somebody didn't evaluate right, or didn't develop. That would be the coach on both accounts.. Got it?

Thompson was a 4-star, rated the 10th best dual threat quarterback in 2016, also had offers from Iowa State.

So we made errors in judgement also?

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
I am not saying that you are wrong -- but it would be odd something would keep you from getting a lead job at, say, a MAC, American, or C-USA school would also somehow not keep you from being the DC at a top-flight program like OU or Clemson.

I am just going off of what people like Stan Weber and others in the know have commented when on the air on 810.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thompson was a 4-star, rated the 10th best dual threat quarterback in 2016, also had offers from Iowa State.

Was that Campbell or Rhoads? Rhoads had very poor judgement with QBs. Also, that is why you have more than one qb on your team. ISU has been searching for the right qb for a decade. Development of them under Rhoads was very poor. Campbell seems to either be able to spot talent or develop them. Kempt was a step up and now Purdy looks to be the real deal.

I know you will defend bill to the death that he does no wrong, but he is seriously hurting KSU by not knowing when to call it.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

It's silly when people not associated with the team use "we" in reference to the team. It is just plain stupid when people who profess to be fans of multiple teams do it.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Was that Campbell or Rhoads? Rhoads had very poor judgement with QBs. Also, that is why you have more than one qb on your team. ISU has been searching for the right qb for a decade. Development of them under Rhoads was very poor. Campbell seems to either be able to spot talent or develop them. Kempt was a step up and now Purdy looks to be the real deal.

I know you will defend bill to the death that he does no wrong, but he is seriously hurting KSU by not knowing when to call it.

Campbell has hit on one quarterback so far so I'll give credit for that.

How do you know at this point if they will be in better shape if he retires? You think whoever replaces him will all of a sudden get 4 and 5 star recruits to come to Manhattan? Its still going to be a tough coaching job.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
How do you know what my association to Iowa State is?
Now you are going to insinuate that you are associated with the program? And no, being a booster is not associated with the program. Being on the staff, a player, manager or trainer is being associated with the program. If you were one of those you shouldn't be posting here. Go ahead and tell us how you associated so we can all laugh.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Campbell has hit on one quarterback so far so I'll give credit for that.

How do you know at this point if they will be in better shape if he retires? You think whoever replaces him will all of a sudden get 4 and 5 star recruits to come to Manhattan? Its still going to be a tough coaching job.

Agreed, but being a father of a son who is going through the process and with friends going through it. A few questions that get asked routinely by me and many of the other parents that are along to the coaches would be an issue for him. Like, will you be here the whole 4-5 that my son will play? He has to struggle with that one. One of the most common statements I hear from the kids is, I really liked such and such because they have younger coaches and relate better. They seemed my dynamic, energetic.

It will be a tough coaching job period. Snyder did a great job, but his time has passed him. How many scholarship players does KSU have right now. Heard its in the 50s. You graduated a lot of Seniors, the foundation he built is starting to crack.

BTW, Kempt was a Campbell guy. While he wasn't a homerun, he was a very solid quarterback who managed the game well and improved the team.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
How do you know what my association to Iowa State is?

Your posting history shows you are no fan of Iowa state.

You may have gone to Iowa state. You may live in Iowa. I have no idea. But you are clearly not an iow State fan.

I don’t remember the last time I read something positive about Iowa stste from you. But I do remember you claiming mad fran was a good recruiter because he recruited Ulis. And some nonsense about the vampires family being from Des Moines, so we should love him.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
As an executive, not as a head coach.

* * *​

I am surprised they chose Littrell over Venables if V was interested. I think both are reasonable choices, but Venables might be the top assistant in the country, and he is part of the Snyder tree and legacy. I would have figured they would have wanted that.

Littrell played at OU and has coached at KU and TTU, so at least he has some Big 8 and Big 12 experience in him. That could work out for them.
V said no thanks

• Informative
Reactions: Sigmapolis

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Agreed, but being a father of a son who is going through the process and with friends going through it. A few questions that get asked routinely by me and many of the other parents that are along to the coaches would be an issue for him. Like, will you be here the whole 4-5 that my son will play? He has to struggle with that one. One of the most common statements I hear from the kids is, I really liked such and such because they have younger coaches and relate better. They seemed my dynamic, energetic.

It will be a tough coaching job period. Snyder did a great job, but his time has passed him. How many scholarship players does KSU have right now. Heard its in the 50s. You graduated a lot of Seniors, the foundation he built is starting to crack.

BTW, Kempt was a Campbell guy. While he wasn't a homerun, he was a very solid quarterback who managed the game well and improved the team.

I don't think the foundation is starting to crack, they lost alot of talent and were an young team this year. A quarterback that could pass once inwhile would have at least got them to 7 wins. I was at the South Dakota game this year and you could clearly see it was going to be a rebuilding year.

They just came off 2 consecutive bowl wins. They remind me alot of Iowa, they are going to be in every game and the difference between 9 wins and 6 is going to come down to a few plays. This year things didnt go their way in those games. Had they won 8 games and a decent bowl we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

To your other point, I completely agree with you about younger coaches, I think thats where things are trending these days. You have to admit though, there has to be at least some desire for recruits and parents like yourself to play for Hall of Fame Coaches right?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don't think the foundation is starting to crack, they lost alot of talent and were an young team this year. A quarterback that could pass once inwhile would have at least got them to 7 wins. I was at the South Dakota game this year and you could clearly see it was going to be a rebuilding year.

They just came off 2 consecutive bowl wins. They remind me alot of Iowa, they are going to be in every game and the difference between 9 wins and 6 is going to come down to a few plays. This year things didnt go their way in those games. Had they won 8 games and a decent bowl we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

To your other point, I completely agree with you about younger coaches, I think thats where things are trending these days. You have to admit though, there has to be at least some desire for recruits and parents like yourself to play for Hall of Fame Coaches right?

Honestly, no. They see them as older and less flexible. They are more excited by the Campbells of the worlds. Unless you are winning Nattys like Saban, they get don't excited by an older coach going 7-5/6-6. That is I don't think Miles will take KU to the top level of the big XII. Kids won't get excited over him.

This is why KF is trying to push BF so much and have him be more of the figurehead (outside for lineman because Iowa is known for pushing them to the NFL). I look to see if its an academic fit, my kid won't go pro and will go lower level to make sure playing time happens. The academic side and having a coach who doesn't do unethical or immoral things is what I care about. Energy level gets mentioned alot. Several of these coaches talk lingo with my kid that I truthfully have to try to decipher, its the kids speak. Had it during my day, they have it now.

• Informative
Reactions: NoCreativity

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

Were they? The average age of their roster was 22.4. More teams were younger rather than older than that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...-time-fbs-head-coach/ar-AAzuBUR?ocid=00000000

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins and BCClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

You're sure full of piss and vinegar today.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Mississippi State - 31 Kansas State - 10
West Virginia - 35 Kansas State - 6
Oklahoma - 51 Kansas State- 14

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Mississippi State - 31 Kansas State - 10
West Virginia - 35 Kansas State - 6
Oklahoma - 51 Kansas State- 14

Yep, those are the 3 automatic losses, notice if you read my post how I said 9 wins? Now post the scores of the other games that were the difference in making a bowl game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yep, those are the 3 automatic losses, notice if you read my post how I said 9 wins? Now post the scores of the other games that were the difference in making a bowl game.

Kind of ruins your "they were in every game" theory but OK