***Rumor K-State & Snyder

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Your posting history shows you are no fan of Iowa state.

You may have gone to Iowa state. You may live in Iowa. I have no idea. But you are clearly not an iow State fan.

I don’t remember the last time I read something positive about Iowa stste from you. But I do remember you claiming mad fran was a good recruiter because he recruited Ulis. And some nonsense about the vampires family being from Des Moines, so we should love him.

Im clearly an Iowa State fan, have been since the mid-80s. Im clearly not a fan of some of the posters on this board for various reasons that I wont mention.

You choose to read what you want to read. I could post 100 positive things and nobody will remember that, but the minute you post anything about another school 1 time you guys have a meltdown.

I never claimed Fran was a good recruiter, totally fabricated, what I did say is that he recruited Tyler Ullis. I never asked for any sympathy for Snyder, you think Im making up stuff about his ties to Iowa and Iowa State?

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Litrell is legit. Snyder retiring and KSU bringing in the Litrell is the best case scenario for them (and worst case scenario for us). He will keep them competitive.

A mid major hire (especially w/ only 3 years of experience) is 50/50 at best. Now i do like Littrell and think he's good hire - but no idea with how how fits into the program.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Two, wth are you talking about?

Central arkansas and South dakota are listed as games for KSU when I googled. They are both FCS.

Edit: my mistake, for some reason they added CA into the schedule, when I looked at the date it was 2017. My bad.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Two, wth are you talking about?

They played South Dakota this year.
If you pull up their schedule on google - it lists Central Arkansas for some reason... maybe thats what he's referring to... however it was just one FCS game. Central Arkansas game was in 2017 but lists on this year's schedule.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I never claimed Fran was a good recruiter, totally fabricated, what I did say is that he recruited Tyler Ullis. I never asked for any sympathy for Snyder, you think Im making up stuff about his ties to Iowa and Iowa State?

Which may be the weirdest thing you've ever posted considering they didn't even get close to landing him

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This picture is a great metaphor for what K-State fans face today surrounding our beloved, legendary coach.
47210109_1946745665420121_6988342932294074368_n.jpg

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Im clearly an Iowa State fan, have been since the mid-80s. Im clearly not a fan of some of the posters on this board for various reasons that I wont mention.

You choose to read what you want to read. I could post 100 positive things and nobody will remember that, but the minute you post anything about another school 1 time you guys have a meltdown.

There are plenty of posters on here who find it easier to impugn your motives and/or call you a "stupid _____ fan" rather than address your actual arguments on here.

Facts and logic are hard. Othering and scapegoating are easy.

Then again, that is basically how the Internet works.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
There are plenty of posters on here who find it easier to impugn your motives and/or call you a "stupid _____ fan" rather than address your actual arguments on here.

Is "othering" as simple as you're a hawkeye and you suck because of it? I can't keep up with these terms and am still looking for where my safe space is.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

If you really want to know how the internet works, ask Al Gore.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Is "othering" as simple as you're a hawkeye and you suck because of it? I can't keep up with these terms and am still looking for where my safe space is.

Othering is simply the process of drawing a line between "us" and "them." Scapegoating is the same idea; I tried to put them together as a context clue.

Once you "other" somebody, you make them "them," so you can dismiss the need to engage them on an equal footing, dismiss their right to be engaged with respectfully at all, and fall back on negative stereotyping about their purported identity (e.g., stupid Tavern Hawk) and rally your own group to the totems that make us "us" and them "them."

Watch politics for five minutes -- this process is constant, on every side, throughout the planet and the whole history and scope of human society.

The Internet just makes this obvious (and especially the Cave and In-State Rivals on here).

I agree with you about needing a safe space. I like mine -- few cats and some blankets. I appreciate trigger warnings before a mention of Batman and Robin.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Out just like Fry.... a loss to ISU.