Ryan Clanton to be new offensive line coach

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
3, I believe. One defensive and two offensive.
who are the 2 offensive? Nate is OC, right? Now this guy, OL. Recently filled S&C.
QB coach? Cornerbacks coach on defense. And?

TJS

Mar 28, 2019
Scheelhaase is Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers
Need to fill QB coach and RB coach on offense or Scheelhaase would need to move to one of those jobs.

Reactions: putsky and Aclone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
who are the 2 offensive? Nate is OC, right? Now this guy, OL. Recently filled S&C.
QB coach? Cornerbacks coach on defense. And?

We need a replacement for Nate.

TJS

Mar 28, 2019
Nate adds OC to his job duties. He is still the wide receivers coach as well. Depending on the two coaches Campbell hires, he could move over to RB or QB coach.

EnkAMania

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 31, 2013
Seattle
Considering what Campbell said on Cyning Day, there might be a chance he gives Coach Broomfield CB’s—and hires a ST coach.

Maybe. Possibly.
I was trying to follow his word salad. He kept mentioning puzzle, so if the right skills are in place, could be room for a special teams coach. But by the way he rolled his eyes, I would be against a full time special teams coach.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What I kind of like about this hire is:

3) He probably knows the local vicinity, where there appear to be SOME large, tough young men that CAN be O Linemen. Are there more of them in Ohio, sure. But, if I remember correctly, and this is, of course ages ago, but Nebby used to get their beef from Nebraska and the upper midwest and their speed from Florida and other parts of the South for the most part. Seems he might be a positive add in working our part of the midwest.
Recruiting OL has not been an issue the past few years. Instate or out.

Unless you’re talking Kadyn Proctor level.

We have a goodly amount of quality young talent. That probably has something to do with why CMC was able to make such a home run hits—coaches, especially assistants, don’t like to go where the cupboard is bare.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Agree with this. If Lincoln Riley can be HC/OC/QB coach then Nate should be able to do double duty. I can see benefit from having the OC working with the QB’s everyday. Might even be part of what we’ve been missing. And finally, if it means we get a fully focused ST coordinator then hell yes.
He’s already doing double duty. He was announced as OC/WR Coach.

He left RB behind. I kind of expect Kempt to get the QB job.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I was trying to follow his word salad. He kept mentioning puzzle, so if the right skills are in place, could be room for a special teams coach. But by the way he rolled his eyes, I would be against a full time special teams coach.

I think it is probably hard for him to make a comment on it because Caponi wasn't official yet, but he probably knew he was leaving.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Considering what Campbell said on Cyning Day, there might be a chance he gives Coach Broomfield CB’s—and hires a ST coach.

Maybe. Possibly.
I would be absolutely shocked if he hires a special teams only coach. I do think we will see them assign a position coach to special teams coordinator