NFL: Sage should start

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Re: Rosenfels starting today vs. Colts

I love Sage, but wow was he aweful today.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Wow, you gotta feel for Sage

What a tough way to end what was a great afternoon till the end.

Miller

May 23, 2006

I haven't seen a performance like that since Ronnie Harmon in the Rose Bowl. Up 10 Texans ball, 3 minutes left and he coughs it up twice and throws an interception that wasn't within 10 yrds of a team mate.

That was brutal.

Last edited:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Re: Wow, you gotta feel for Sage

Ok stats...looks like he needs to learn to hold on to the ball though.

3 fumbles, 2 lost :no:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Can't fault the guy, it was either hero or goat and he went for the hero. Had he gotten that first down the State of Texas would have went nuts for him!!!!!!!! Unfortunately thats not what happened.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco

Ok stats...looks like he needs to learn to hold on to the ball though.

3 fumbles, 2 lost :no:

One went back for a TD. The other was recovered at their own 5. And an interception to end their final drive. Lost a 17 point lead. Ouch...

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny

I still think that Sage is good enough to start for a couple of teams.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I play Madden "video game" and traded for Sage to backup Cutler as I play with Denver. In the first game of my season Cutler got injured for the season. Hopefully with Sage I will be able to have a good season.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I play Madden "video game" and traded for Sage to backup Cutler as I play with Denver. In the first game of my season Cutler got injured for the season. Hopefully with Sage I will be able to have a good season.

Good luck?? :confused:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
The Texans were up 17 with 7 mins to go in the game. All Sage had to do was slide instead of trying that leap into the air. Even if they had to punt, you have a 3 score lead!

A couple bonehead plays by Sage cost them the game, no doubt about it. The sad thing was that before the last 7 mins, he played really well.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az

I haven't seen a performance like that since Ronnie Harmon in the Rose Bowl. Up 10 Texans ball, 3 minutes left and he coughs it up twice and throws an interception that wasn't within 10 yrds of a team mate.

That was brutal.

So did Sage get paid too? :smile:

I hate to see an ISU guy end up such a goat. That was a brutal way to close out a game.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA

Can't fault the guy, it was either hero or goat and he went for the hero. Had he gotten that first down the State of Texas would have went nuts for him!!!!!!!! Unfortunately thats not what happened.

Exactly. Just shows the fine line between hero and goat.

I got tired last night to listening to all the talking heads and my friends say he cost himself the starting job with that loss. However, people seem to forget that he still got benched last year after going on his tear while Schaub was hurt. Kubiak has never given Sage a fair chance to be his starter and I don't see that changing.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006

The game was on TV here and I watched it.

I believe the first fumble where he went air born was absolutely a huge blunder and that he should have fault/blame laid at his feet for that one. There is no justification for that play in that situation.

The second fumble was a great effort play by the defender to lay out just to strip the ball...can't really fault Rosenfels on that one.

The last interception was a very poorly thrown ball...no one but Colt DBs were even in the area...but that stuff happens to every QB.

The job of the modern day QB (especially in the NFL) is to manage the game and not make any stupid mistakes to lose the game for his team. That first fumble was a flat out stupid mistake. Hopefully he learns from it and does better the next time he has a chance.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron