Sark’s Contract at Texas

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009

Six-year guaranteed contract worth about $34.2 million, longer and more lucrative than Mensa ‘s and Strong’s.

The Longhorns also will have two coordinators and a special teams coordinator making at least $1 million annually

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Six-year guaranteed contract worth about $34.2 million, longer and more lucrative than Mensa ‘s and Strong’s.

The Longhorns also will have two coordinators and a special teams coordinator making at least $1 million annually

They're desperately trying to buy success.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Well that cranks the pressure up.

Reactions: Cycho1

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
And will make it hilarious as hell if it crashes and burns which very possible.

That's what I'm hoping for. They do have to give him 4 yrs though with that kind of money on the line don't they?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That's what I'm hoping for. They do have to give him 4 yrs though with that kind of money on the line don't they?
With Texas, who knows. They better make the play off by then or they will be calling for his head.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
It's good he hasn't had an alcohol problem, that kinda pressure lead ya to hit the bottle.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I can say this since I've lived in Austin. It seems they get different caliber 4 stars mentally than OU does (like the more entitled, less likely to really grind type).

Until they fix that no coaching will elevate them. I would love to see us beat their ass in Ames this fall. Their RB is an absolute horse, don't know how good they will be around him however.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I can say this since I've lived in Austin. It seems they get different caliber 4 stars mentally than OU does (like the more entitled, less likely to really grind type).

Until they fix that no coaching will elevate them. I would love to see us beat their ass in Ames this fall. Their RB is an absolute horse, don't know how good they will be around him however.

That dude tore it up in their bowl game.

• Agree
Reactions: frackincygy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

If you've ever watched OU's staff now, including Riley, they are just laser focused.
Riley, honestly is really, really boring. But he's also really, really smart.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch and Cycho1

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It's good he hasn't had an alcohol problem, that kinda pressure lead ya to hit the bottle.

I'd say a contract like that takes pressure off of Sark and all on the AD. If he fails, then he's still set for life even if he doesn't get another gig. The AD is the one that has to answer to the alumni without the golden parachute.

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com

Nebraska might not like having to compete with this!!

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
UT-A has structural issues that will always keep them near the rest of the pack in the Big 12. But they have the ability to throw as much money at a problem as they want for as long as they want, and then change course and do it all over again. We are very fortunate the booster culture there always keeps them occupied instead of improving. Hopefully they aren't quick to solve it.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'd say a contract like that takes pressure off of Sark and all on the AD. If he fails, then he's still set for life even if he doesn't get another gig. The AD is the one that has to answer to the alumni without the golden parachute.
Del Conte made $1.58M last year unless things changed due to COVID, should make $1.62M this year, and would make $1.77M in the last year of his contract in 2024.

I think he will be fine.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
UT-A has structural issues that will always keep them near the rest of the pack in the Big 12. But they have the ability to throw as much money at a problem as they want for as long as they want, and then change course and do it all over again. We are very fortunate the booster culture there always keeps them occupied instead of improving. Hopefully they aren't quick to solve it.

The further they get away from him, the better Mack Brown looks although maybe the entitled culture really started taking hold in his last 4 seasons as they were about what they are now.

Reactions: Die4Cy and Cycho1

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Am I missing something? That's 5.7mill/year, not even in the top 10. That's certainly a lot, but not exactly "win multiple NCAA championships" type of money/pressure. I mean, look at what Saban and Sweeney get. Guys who actually have won multiple championships.