School Hazing

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
We stuffed the freshman into lockers. But I can't say I've ever run into anyone that had a thought process that went along the lines of "You know what would really show that guy over there how masculine we are? Sticking our fingers up his butt!"

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Welcome to the hospital. I'd admire the resistance, but you'd be going down. I'm sure these psychos would just have extra levels of sick after that.

Yeah, this unfortunately. Sounds like four or five bigger older guys against one isolated freshman.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Damn... We made freshmen puddle dive the last practice of the season when it was cold out. We had the same thing done to us and it was actually somewhat fun diving into mud with full pads on. Coaches just laughed since no one got hurt and nothing more serious then that would happen.

I think the worst that happened anytime I was in school was my jr year when the seniors gave wedgies to all the freshmen to the point of ripping their underwear elastic band out and hanging them on the goal post. Everyone ended up running extra for that stunt.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Like others have said, that goes way beyond hazing into full-on criminal.

The wrestling team at my high school used to (not sure if they still do) make a kid wrestling his first Varsity match wear his single backward. Didn't matter if you were a stud freshman or 4-year JV guy who got to wrestle Varsity on Senior Night only. They also did something with freshmen/first-year guys needing to put a sharpie mark on the back of their hand before practices, with different colors, designs, which hand, etc. depending on day of the week. I think they ran extra or something productive (albeit still punishment) if they did didn't do it right or forgot. Both were harmless, and the latter managed to teach discipline.

There's a fine line to draw with hazing. If the question "can I go to jail for this?" ever crosses your mind, don't do it.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
How disgusting that this seems to be growing in schools of late. Looks like this school took immediate action when they found out via expulsion but some schools don't take much action if any for some reason.

http://www.kcci.com/news/at-least-6-hazing-victims-reported-at-iowa-school/36080618

Yeah, not seeing where this is an issue of the school. I think you have misplaced blame. The fault is with these kids and their parents. The school seems to have taken action when they were notified.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Im trying to think of all of the examples of this junk of late I think Eagle Grove had a situation on a bus like this, and a boatload of wresting teams in this state were doing the same things a couple of years ago. Cant even fathom what their home lives must be like if they think something like rape is ok.

Seems to me it was Stuart (the town) with the wrestling team. I don't remember the name of the school though....don't think it was "Stuart high school".

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So, in the early 2000s, my senior year we never did anything like this on the football team. In fact, we did zero hazing at all. I think if somebody had said "hey man, we're gonna get him, let's to shove our fingers up his ***!" the person that suggested it would have been absolutely ridiculed. And that's not because we were good guys. It's because it's a ******* stupid idea.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
What is a "finger assault"??

attachment.php

First pic of the finger assault got deleted. Let's see if this one is more pleasing... because a pleasing finger assault is what everyone really wants.

Attachments

• cash edit.jpg
    cash edit.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 269

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I think "hazing" is often times harmless and in good fun. Making freshman jump in puddles or such things.

This is NOT hazing. Not sure how they could claim that.