Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
A true freshman that shot 40%+ from three, over 86% from the line, while averaging 10.5 points and 5 assists is pretty good in a Power 5 conference. Now, does he have the ceiling Wigginton has? No. But, if he averages those numbers or a little better maybe over the next three years, that is a pretty damn good career.

Do you think they will be alot better without Jok? I hear alot of that from Iowa fans and I find it laughable. Teams with the talent level towards the bottom of the Big 10 generally dont lose an 1st team player and suddenly become awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
You're comparing apples to oranges here with Jackson.

His shooting efficiency vs. Bohannons = not comparable.

They actually arent that far off. Bohannon had an eFG% of 52.2% and Jackson had an eFG% of 57.0% while taking 132 less shots than Bohannan did.

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
Do you think they will be alot better without Jok? I hear alot of that from Iowa fans and I find it laughable. Teams with the talent level towards the bottom of the Big 10 generally dont lose an 1st team player and suddenly become awesome.
Do I think they will be a lot better? No. Probably another bubble team next year. The year after next year, once Weiskamp comes, is when I expect them to be pretty good again.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
What? Is this serious? Taking 8.8 shots isn't anything like taking 15 per game. Plus I'll bet you right now Wigginton will shot more than 8.8 per game, because he will have to because ISU doesn't return much. Unlike you I don't think that is a bad thing, but it isn't like ISU has '14 and '15 recruits waiting in the wings to take over next year.
I'll go out on a limb and say that ISU's leading scorer for next year in not yet on the roster or committed to the program.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Do I think they will be a lot better? No. Probably another bubble team next year. The year after next year, once Weiskamp comes, is when I expect them to be pretty good again.

Weiskamp is falling pretty hard if he keeps this pace up he's going to be fighting to stay in the top 100 by the time he gets there.

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

I will give props to Moss on having at least a servicable game once. South Dakota was really weak though so I don't know how much stock I put into that. He nailed some 3's I noticed, but then I saw a play where he airballed a 3 falling away and then fell down while nobody touched him.

Im just concerned next year on who is going to create their own shot. I think without Jok in there defenses can keep Bohannon under control easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.