SEZ Club Single Game Tickets Going on Sale

howie

Sep 10, 2013
Just got this email on vacation along with 8 other other SEZ club members. 150 a ticket and 200 for the Iowa game. cyclone members August 9. Public 19. Not good for business. Al 8 are questioning ordering them again. Wait for them to go on single game and pick the games you want and save over a thousand dollars.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
But if you don't buy season tickets in there are you eligible to order individual tickets?

ljm4cy

Apr 26, 2014
But if you don't buy season tickets in there are you eligible to order individual tickets?

Howie's email said he could start buying individual SEZ club tickets on August 9. My email said upper level donors could start on August 11 and Gold and Cardinal donors on August 12. So it appears SEZ club season ticketholders have first shot at the remaining club seats.

H

HGPuck

SEZ club season ticket holders get a 21% reduction in ticket price, preference on seat location, and first option to buy single game club seats. For the vast majority in the new club section I wouldn't think the minimum donation ($500) would need to be factored in because almost all would have given at their current level for different seats or for basketball seats.

H

HGPuck

My email also included this language:

In addition, as a Cardinal level or above Cyclone Club member, you have the exclusive opportunity to purchase single game tickets in the Sukup End Zone Club.

Which leads me to believe single game club seats won't be made available to donors under the $500 requirement or the general public.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
This is a perfect example of why Iowa state has so little donation money. Our fans make threads like this complaining about a few hundred dollars and other dumb things.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Just got this email on vacation along with 8 other other SEZ club members. 150 a ticket and 200 for the Iowa game. cyclone members August 9. Public 19. Not good for business. Al 8 are questioning ordering them again. Wait for them to go on single game and pick the games you want and save over a thousand dollars.

Not surprised. Why pay all that money for an End zone view seat. Probably the worst view to watch a game from.

howie

Sep 10, 2013
This is a perfect example of why Iowa state has so little donation money. Our fans make threads like this complaining about a few hundred dollars and other dumb things.

Hahaha. Sorry the 2000 dollars I give a year for two seats isn't enough for you. I think your missing the point. Sorry you must be so rich that you could care less about a few hundred dollars. You live in DFW? You come up for every game? Maybe you should give 2000 or post your giving level?A few hundred dollars saved helps cover the thousands of dollars I spend tailgating in a season. But let's get pissy about a group of 8+ people paying for the most expensive seats not liking being undercut. Also like I originally posted on the 19 these go to the General Public. You realize selling them cheaper means people will want them cheaper next year unless we pull off a 6+ win season. Why would you renew?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
How exactly are you being 'undercut'?

You got your season seats for $200 cheaper than the single game price for all games. Its not like anyone is getting in for cheap on this deal either, with tickets running $150-200. You want cheap, look outside the stadium where people will probably be giving these tickets away in november. You also got first pick of seats in that section, which is a bit important as the seat quality varies in that section (quite frankly the seats near the bottom of that section arent $200 seats, much less $750).

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Not surprised. Why pay all that money for an End zone view seat. Probably the worst view to watch a game from.

Absolutely. Total marketing ploy to sell those season tickets as some exclusive club type seating. Most fans there are going to be watching the HD TVs to find out what really happened on each play. Terrible view and worst seat in the stadium until bad weather in November.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Hahaha. Sorry the 2000 dollars I give a year for two seats isn't enough for you. I think your missing the point. Sorry you must be so rich that you could care less about a few hundred dollars. You live in DFW? You come up for every game? Maybe you should give 2000 or post your giving level?A few hundred dollars saved helps cover the thousands of dollars I spend tailgating in a season. But let's get pissy about a group of 8+ people paying for the most expensive seats not liking being undercut. Also like I originally posted on the 19 these go to the General Public. You realize selling them cheaper means people will want them cheaper next year unless we pull off a 6+ win season. Why would you renew?

I'm coming up from DFW and have two seats in this section. Seats are cheaper by purchasing them as a season ticket. I also picked my seats. I'm more than happy with this. Much better than letting 500-800 go empty holding to a season ticket only stance. I'm also guessing they are confident in the experience, couple that with some wins and you can help convert some of these people. I can only guarantee I make three games right now due to work, this would have been "cheaper" for me this year; however, i would have been able to lock in my seats or ensure i had a seat in the club area.

I don't see how this is a shot at those of us that bought season tickets here.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013

No, I'm a student so I pay 30k (out of state) a year to go to ISU but that's not the point I was trying to make. If the 2k a year is such a horrible deal and too much money for you, just get a few single game tickets, no one is forcing you to get season tickets. Even if getting the season tickets is a worse deal (which it is not, as everyone in this thread has pointed out to you), I would think that knowing you're supporting the iowa state athletic program would be enough for you to pay a few extra hundred $$$.

And yes, I do go to every game.

howie

Sep 10, 2013
No, I'm a student so I pay 30k (out of state) a year to go to ISU but that's not the point I was trying to make. If the 2k a year is such a horrible deal and too much money for you, just get a few single game tickets, no one is forcing you to get season tickets. Even if getting the season tickets is a worse deal (which it is not, as everyone in this thread has pointed out to you), I would think that knowing you're supporting the iowa state athletic program would be enough for you to pay a few extra hundred $$$.

And yes, I do go to every game.

as a recent graduate (as is my wife) and a combined 100000 in student loans I also paid ISU. Mute point. I also hope you are not an engineer or graduating with numbers bud. 2000 dollars for two seats. 750 times 2 plus 500 donation. Single game tickets, 150 x 5 is 750 plus the 200 Iowa ticket is 950, times two is 1900 so 100 cheaper than 2 season tickets. So no, you along with the other posters are not correct it is cheaper. If you think losing. 100 dollars is no big deal you can donate it to me once you get a job. Or I would have given the extra 100 to be in the parking space I wanted. But let's keep on blindly following JP and take a kick in the nuts to support ISU.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
as a recent graduate (as is my wife) and a combined 100000 in student loans I also paid ISU. Mute point. I also hope you are not an engineer or graduating with numbers bud. 2000 dollars for two seats. 750 times 2 plus 500 donation. Single game tickets, 150 x 5 is 750 plus the 200 Iowa ticket is 950, times two is 1900 so 100 cheaper than 2 season tickets. So no, you along with the other posters are not correct it is cheaper. If you think losing. 100 dollars is no big deal you can donate it to me once you get a job. Or I would have given the extra 100 to be in the parking space I wanted. But let's keep on blindly following JP and take a kick in the nuts to support ISU.

Preferring empty seats to sitting with the riff-raff is a nice way to support ISU.

H

HGPuck

You are incorrect. Single game endzone club seats are not being made available to donors under the Cardinal level or to the general public. The email is slightly confusing but those dates, including the 19th, are the dates people at different giving levels are eligible to buy single game tickets throughout the stadium (but you must be at a Cardinal level or higher to qualify to buy endzone club single game tickets). Your $500 donation is inconsequential to comparing prices. You saved 21% ($200) by buying a season ticket versus buying all six games individually in the club.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
This site is not representative of the majority of "fans" or donors, sorry. Regardless of the issue.

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006

If the reason you get season tickets is for the value or so that someone else can't buy a single game ticket then you just don't get it.

I never understand why people get upset that someone else gets a decent deal and that isu benefits.

It benefits ISU! I literally hope they sell every seat in the stadium to isu fans and if they sell the last few for a cheap price that I didn't get. I don't care. It benefits isu!

My goodness some of you just don't get it.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
I guess don't to go to the games then.

I think there might be some hillside seats in the grass available if you want those.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron