Sharing my weight loss story

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Actually the 11 was of this morning. Down 13 as of this afternoon and that was before the 3 mile walk I just did. I feel like a million bucks. so at 318 hoping for 300 by the UNI game and maybe 250 by basketball season. The last 3 days I've gone pop free and in those 3 days lost as much as I did in the month before that.

My ultimate motivation is that I'm part of a family trip to Florida next Thanksgiving. Hoping by then to be in the low 200's.

Robert

May 19, 2015
So motivating! Makes me feel anybody (including me, who must have tried losing weight a million times!) can do it.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
This is the first time I've seen this thread but this is amazing. Not only the OP but everyone that has goals they are working towards.

I'm not hugely overweight, but just not where I wanted to be. I've always been able to eat what I wanted and get away with it. Weighed around 175 when I graduated high school (I'm 6'1"). Continued my ways in college and also hit another growth spurt. I'm a lot bigger muscular wise then I was in high school but I also gained some unwanted poundage due to the bad diet and beer. I've been working out pretty intensely the last 6 months and still kind of ate what I wanted. The last 6 weeks I've really honed in my diet and have lost 15 pounds while also putting more muscle mass on.

I've found planning out meals ahead of time keeps me on track and I meet with a nutritionist on a weekly basis (I'm competing in a lot more things now so I seek the professional advice) and those things have really helped. I'm about 15-20 pounds from my goal right now and hope to get there by sometime in January. It's pretty crazy to think that my non-fat mass currently is more than my high school weight, but sometimes that can be disheartening because "you're set on a certain number". My goal weight is 195-200 right now which would have "crushed" me before I really started to look at the numbers. Sure, it'll be 20-25 pounds more than I graduated high school, but I'm a lot stronger than I've ever been and I should be rocking a 6 pack at that weight for the first time in my life.:yes:

Help Support Us

Become a patron