Should Florida State skip the Orange Bowl?

Should Florida State skip the Orange Bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Why would you say no? Win it and it's still money.

I tend to think that the best course of action would be to try to beat Georgia handily and then pull a 2004 Auburn and declare yourselves national champs.

The problem with that is FSU is very much a stars and scrubs team and if the stars sit out the game like it looks like they're doing, you might get beat by 30.

So maybe it's better for the program to protest the game rather than show up without it's best players.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Why would you say no? Win it and it's still money.

To me it's probably more of a boycott that they should be in the CFP rather than a bowl game. Additionally, they seem to be having Texas tantrums in preparation for their move out of the ACC.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
The only reason I would say play is because if they somehow beat Georgia they have such a better argument for why the committee are a bunch of cowards.

I voted no because they would get stomped if they played and will end up proving the committee right.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Quit being crybabies and play the damn game. Sorry, I do not find FSU to be a sympathetic figure in this at all. They are actively trying to blow up their own conference to join the SEC. Got screwed by a culture they helped create.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Is this maybe more to do that the Orange Bowl is not going to be the main topic of conversation and they don't want those optics? Not very good PR when all anyone will want to talk about is CFP.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Quit being crybabies and play the damn game. Sorry, I do not find FSU to be a sympathetic figure in this at all. They are actively trying to blow up their own conference to join the SEC. Got screwed by a culture they helped create.

I mean, they're doing that in response to everything the big 10 and SEC have done.

If those 2 were still what they were 15 years ago before all the raiding, there's probably no reason for FSU to leave. They want to leave because they saw exactly this kind of thing coming.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Does the money still get paid out to the conference? Does FSU still get their cut if they don’t play? Always get the bag, pride doesn’t pay ****.

If the ACC can put another team in to that game, they'd probably get the money. But if FSU backs out and the ACC doesn't select another member to represent the conference, I could see the ACC losing on that money since I'd assume they'd be in breach of their contract with the Orange Bowl. Of course, back filling the spot would be a major shift in their bowl game lineups after matches have already been announced.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I mean, they're doing that in response to everything the big 10 and SEC have done.

If those 2 were still what they were 15 years ago before all the raiding, there's probably no reason for FSU to leave. They want to leave because they saw exactly this kind of thing coming.
The ACC is the one who started all this by raiding and blowing up the Big East in the early 2000s. Kind of ironic.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If the ACC can put another team in to that game, they'd probably get the money. But if FSU backs out and the ACC doesn't select another member to represent the conference, I could see the ACC losing on that money since I'd assume they'd be in breach of their contract with the Orange Bowl. Of course, back filling the spot would be a major shift in their bowl game lineups after matches have already been announced.
As the plot goes, they show up enjoy the week get their swag and then without notice refuse to take the field. It's the ultimate go **** yourself.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I tend to think that the best course of action would be to try to beat Georgia handily and then pull a 2004 Auburn and declare yourselves national champs.

The problem with that is FSU is very much a stars and scrubs team and if the stars sit out the game like it looks like they're doing, you might get beat by 30.

So maybe it's better for the program to protest the game rather than show up without it's best players.
or UCF in 2017.

Reactions: Cyhig