Should we be worried?

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
Depends what your expectations were. People who thought we were an NCAA team (some were even saying they EXPECTED it) should definitely be worried.

Reactions: cyfanatic

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I will be surprised if this team even makes the NIT. No effort, and bad/inexperienced coaching.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Next year he'll have no missing pieces so that will tell us a lot about his long term future. I feel like at the very least, we need to see a team that plays with great effort and intelligence next year. I'm not even saying I need to see them make the tourney next year, but I do expect to see some big improvements over this season.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We are playing no better than last year's team. Last year's team might have outhustled this team. Lutz had them rolling.

jimmycy

Apr 19, 2006
Depends what your expectations were. People who thought we were an NCAA team (some were even saying they EXPECTED it) should definitely be worried.

Defenitely worried:

We are:
Lazy
Only play defense when we have to
Don't seem to have a clear offensive identity
The players don't seem worried when they aren't playing well
No leadership...I could go on,but it is not fun to watch. This game should have been 20 ++ easy and was not.

Tredici

Mar 2, 2011
West Des Moines
I was hoping for at least a better season than the last, which is the minimum I feel like you could ask of a team. It is starting to look gloom if we have one more non-conference loss.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I don't think we need to panic yet...this team is still learning to play together.

No offense, but wasn't one of the reasons this team was being pimped up to be, at the very least an NCAA bubble team, because they were playing together all of last year as the scout team? It's not like these guys haven't been on campus for a few months, they've all been here since before last basketball season, and got plenty of practice time in together then.

The fact that they're still not playing like a team is pretty concerning.

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
There must be something in the water here in Ames. I've never seen a team bobble the ball as much as our Fball and Bball teams do. Seems like our Bball team is even worse at catching then our football team. Amazing right?

Reactions: Wesley

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
No offense, but wasn't one of the reasons this team was being pimped up to be, at the very least an NCAA bubble team, because they were playing together all of last year as the scout team? It's not like these guys haven't been on campus for a few months, they've all been here since before last basketball season, and got plenty of practice time in together then.

The fact that they're still not playing like a team is pretty concerning.

Agreed.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Please. Let's not go crazy with Bobby Lutz love here.

Bobby Lutz was the coach last year. He was the guy calling plays, and 99% of the time he was in the huddle drawing up plays. Last years team played like they were very well coached. They didn't have depth and had a lack of talent, yet were very competitive. This years team plays the exact opposite.