Should we make a change at Head wrestling Coach?

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
ISU isn't going to add a sport that the Big 12 doesn't offer. WVU had men's soccer before joining the Big 12, and their squad ended up as an affiliate member in the MAC.
not saying it is time for it to happen. It is more like 20 years from now if wrestling doesn't have a resurrection.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
We sucked at baseball. Neither sport makes money, why not keep a sport with tradition?

Not to mention the costs of a baseball program probably outpace wrestling 3 or 4 to 1. And that's just annually and completely ignoring infrastructure.

And I don't think a class project and a statue is proof of much of anything.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Not to mention the costs of a baseball program probably outpace wrestling 3 or 4 to 1. And that's just annually and completely ignoring infrastructure.

And I don't think a class project and a statue is proof of much of anything.
And we didn't even feel we could charge admission for baseball when we had it - it was funny to watch visiting teams' fans search for someone to pay...

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
We had a friend that played Cyclone baseball in the 80's. I think we use to bring coolers of beer and watch the games.

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
We had a friend that played Cyclone baseball in the 80's. I think we use to bring coolers of beer and watch the games.

I lived about 3 blocks from there in the late 80's, early 90's. We always walked over there with a cooler. It was one of the first things I thought of when the program was dropped. If they weren't taking gate or concessions, they obviously weren't concerned with budget. Lack of program management. It is what happens often with sports programs that aren't self-sufficient, even though some could be.