Sign for ISU-Iowa game, need ideas

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
Haha, he hasn't transferred yet, although he looks rustier than rust out there. Maybe those two baskets against drake will loosen him up and give him confidence and hopefully he can knock down a couple of big threes for us. Then we can officially name him "The new John Neal"

Lets not get crazy here and say things we cannot take back.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
We need someone with German expertise to iron that one out. Sie seems to mean "it" and dich means "you", but it all depends on the context I am sure.

Sorry, I was sleeping.

The word "Sie" in the context "Wir lieben Sie Lucca" indicates more formality. You use "Sie" with someone you respect or to an elder, someone you would say "sir" or "ma'am" to. The word "dich" indicates the accusative case (direct object), which would be just translated as "you", and would be used more with your friends. Either one is perfectly acceptable, but if you use it in the sign, "Sie" needs to be capitalized to be the proper form. I'd go with "dich" because it can't really be misconstrued.

The word "sie" is tricky when it comes to translators because it can mean different things, including "her", "it", "they", and "you" (formal)

Other ideas:

"Lucca, bleiben Sie bitte hier!" (Lucca, please stay here)

Let me find my pride and joy (another thread)

Last edited:

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
Code:
[U][I]D[/I][/U]ear       Sa[U][I]N[/I][/U]ta,
[U][I]A[/I][/U]ll I want 4 [U][I]C[/I][/U]hrist-
[U][I]m[/I][/U]as  is  Lucc[U][I]A[/I][/U] now,
[U][I]n[/I][/U]ot  next  ye[U][I]A[/I][/U]r

If you don't put the emphasis on the "damn" and just line it up, security probably won't find a problem with that.

Excuse me, got to get ready to tailgate.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Originally Posted by CyPlainsDrifter
How do you say..... "We love you Lucca" in German?

I found this on a free translation website: "Wir lieben Sie Lucca" Anyone out there speak German and can confirm this? Other ideas for German signs?

There you go!!! I'll check some other sites and see what they get also in translation.

So I take it this was probally you then?
(Sorry it's fuzzy, trying to hold a camera still enough to take a picture from across Hilton when the crowd is rock'n ain't easy)

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I saw a sign just like that only blue with yellow lettering in the third row of CA on the east side, was that you scottie??

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Yes, that was me. How did it look? I tried to get the camera guy's attention so he'd put it up on the video board but he always went to the cheerleaders. I was thinking they could've thought it meant something bad, so they didn't wanna put it up there.

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
(Sorry it's fuzzy, trying to hold a camera still enough to take a picture from across Hilton when the crowd is rock'n ain't easy)

Great job by the students. I can't believe I came up with this idea and haven't received one tiny bit of rep.

:biglaugh:

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Yes, that was me. How did it look? I tried to get the camera guy's attention so he'd put it up on the video board but he always went to the cheerleaders. I was thinking they could've thought it meant something bad, so they didn't wanna put it up there.

It looked fine. I could read it easily and I'm about as high in the balcony as you can get at the other end.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Great job by the students. I can't believe I came up with this idea and haven't received one tiny bit of rep.

:biglaugh:

I was going to put in german, we love you lucca, but it wouldn't quite fit given size of the poster and all, however, thanks for the great idea and it turned out great, would've been nice to have it up on the video board but oh well. some other game

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids

How's this:
bilde

Help Support Us

Become a patron