So Cyclone Larry has started a beef between ISU and UCF?

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
I know it’s a joke, but if we end up with them as a yearly rivalry game instead of a traditional Big-12 school because of this I’ll lose it.

If they go with 3 protected rivals, we're going to have at least one "random" one.

I'd hope KSU, KU are a given, but the 3rd will end up being WVU, BYU, or UCF.

Honestly I'm fine with that, too. Can't be selfish.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The CycloneLarry account has posted too many memories about Deandre Kane and Hoiberg teams for me to believe it's actually a college student.
That's not that long ago. Older college students would have been in middle school at that time. I have vivid memories of the early Johnny Orr teams when I was in elementary school.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
That's not that long ago. Older college students would have been in middle school at that time. I have vivid memories of the early Johnny Orr teams when I was in elementary school.
Ya I really doubt a middle schooler is talking grade A ****.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Ya I really doubt a middle schooler is talking grade A ****.
I don't think he is a middle schooler. I don't even think he is a college student. I'm just pointing out that him posting memories of Kane's team doesn't rule out the possibility of it being a college student, as he would have been old enough to remember those team.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I get a lot of these vibes from Central Florida.......

200w.webp

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He’s either a senior or a 5th year senior. The reason I know this is because I offered to buy him a beer down in Kansas City in 2019 when I was a senior and he said him and his buddies were deciding on going still because they didn’t know if they wanted to use their fake IDs. He said he was a freshman in college then.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Maybe my memory just sucks - I'm 33 and can't remember a single game during the Fizer/Tinsley era which is when I became a fan.

• Wow
Reactions: tzjung

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If they go with 3 protected rivals, we're going to have at least one "random" one.

I'd hope KSU, KU are a given, but the 3rd will end up being WVU, BYU, or UCF.

Honestly I'm fine with that, too. Can't be selfish.

ISU-KU-KSU-OSU always play (old Big Eight rivals)

BU-TTU-UH-TCU always play (a Texas round robin)

WVU-UCF-UC-BYU always play (the new guys)

Play three against your own foursome. 3/4 out of the other two.

3 + 3 + 3 = 9

It's perfect. CCG between the two with the best record.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I think it is pretty funny we might get a trophy game out of a Twitter spat between UCF fans and such a ridiculous-but-entertainingly awesome figure as Cyclone Larry.

The Leath avatar just kills me every time I see it.

I’d be surprised if it actually became a trophy game. We need one with K-State and Okie St first. Hell Cincinnati would probably become a trophy game before UCF.

We probably aren’t getting any more trophy games though.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I’d be surprised if it actually became a trophy game. We need one with K-State and Okie St first. Hell Cincinnati would probably become a trophy game before UCF.

We should have one with K-State. We are the longest continuously played series in college football. That should be worth commemorating in some way.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
We should have one with K-State. We are the longest continuously played series in college football. That should be worth commemorating in some way.
Farmageddon may take on more prominence within the new league and generate a trophy like seemingly every game in the B10. I suspect Pollard and Taylor have shied away from doing that.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

At least it has a cool name --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_State–Kansas_State_football_rivalry

Somebody on here offered to donate a vintage tractor to be the "trophy" -- paint half of it cardinal and gold and the other half royal purple and gray and you've got a neat thing goin'.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY