So Cyclone Larry has started a beef between ISU and UCF?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Application into Iowa State is very straight forward and the University gives you the formula before hand so you know if you will be accepted before you even apply. I would think that raises the acceptance rate.
I realize there is a formula, so those that can get in apply. Its different than those places that have the essay apps etc.

But at one time if you were in state, even if you didnt meet the requirements on the formula, the state schools still had to accept you on a probationary basis. I dont know if there was a secondary process for this, but I do know at one time it was required by the state. I dont know if it is still required or not.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
ISU-KU-KSU-OSU always play (old Big Eight rivals)

BU-TTU-UH-TCU always play (a Texas round robin)

WVU-UCF-UC-BYU always play (the new guys)

Play three against your own foursome. 3/4 out of the other two.

3 + 3 + 3 = 9

It's perfect. CCG between the two with the best record.
I love this for ISU. But it does put the 4 geographic outliers in a group, so the travel part for them is a bear (esp BYU).

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and mj4cy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I realize there is a formula, so those that can get in apply. Its different than those places that have the essay apps etc.

But at one time if you were in state, even if you didnt meet the requirements on the formula, the state schools still had to accept you on a probationary basis. I dont know if there was a secondary process for this, but I do know at one time it was required by the state. I dont know if it is still required or not.
No it's not.

Reactions: 2speedy1

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
I love this for ISU. But it does put the 4 geographic outliers in a group, so the travel part for them is a bear (esp BYU).

I just don't see a way where you can do pods/divisons and not piss at least one school off.

Protected rivalries for every team gives a bit more flexibility. Out of the 3 conferences expanding, SEC is the only one that has the geography to do pods.

Reactions: CascadeClone

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Geographically I wonder if they’ll link byu to closer states.

Geeze Larry!

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
OSU or KState make sense for us. I don't mind the new teams that joined the conference but they certainly didn't scream rivalry to me.
KState is like your twin that you want to beat the snot out of.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Personally, I think Orlando is the tacky souvenir stand of Florida. The rest of Florida is the crap hole of Florida (although southwestern Florida isn't so bad).
Everywhere is full of crappy people that's for sure.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron