So why is NIU suppose to be so good?

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
You are making a really good point. I am quite sure our guys have spent some time on Iowa already. But we really have No Ill outmanned. If we take care of the football, we win by 2 TD's.

The match up vs Iowa of our O-line vs their D line will be one of the best of the year in D-1. If our D line can be effective vs there o-line.................

That is going to be a real football fan's game.

The most this team has spent on Iowa is the coaches breaking down film over the summer like just about any staff does. It's impossible to put in a complete gameplan in one week so a lot of the initial scouting is done during the summer while the players do their activities.

As for our players already spending time on Iowa? Highly unlikely, and if they have, it was maybe one day in training camp. I can just about assure you this staff is not overlooking Northern Illinois and towards Iowa. To beat Iowa we have to beat Northern Illinois. Simple as that.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I seriously can't wait until this fan base is confident enough to believe that we'll take care of a team like NIU. Last year there were several ISU fans (I'm not talking about LakesBison) that thought we were going to struggle with NDSU. I get the talk about struggles with Iowa or Utah, but NIU? Seriously?

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I seriously can't wait until this fan base is confident enough to believe that we'll take care of a team like NIU. Last year there were several ISU fans (I'm not talking about LakesBison) that thought we were going to struggle with NDSU. I get the talk about struggles with Iowa or Utah, but NIU? Seriously?

Spot on.... Our fanbase worries way too much about something like this. We need to act like we can win and expect it.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Huskies will be good
If you were a true "LakesHuskies" your first post would have been something like this:

OH YEAH!!!!..>!>!>!>!! HUskIEs are going to DOMINATE the CYCLONES!!! We are coming OFF A HUGE year of going to a BOWL GAME AND we are going to win the MAC THIS YEAR BABY!!! YEAH!!!!!!!! WE WILL DOMINTE the little cyclones...!!!..!! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!! Be prepared to get spanked up and DOWN THE field!!!!
OH and PS: WHere's the party at?!?! I AM READy to dominate ALL OF YOU in flippy CUP and BagS!!!! I will bring all of the HOT CHICKS FROM DEKALB!!! OH yeah!!! Just last weekend we HAD A HUGE party at my LAKE HOUSE to get ready for TAILGATING and I got on AT LEAST 5 of THE hottest Chicks EVER!!! I'm Bringing the Hot chicks to TAILGATE!! Who's WITH ME?!?!!?
HIT ME up!! I'll be there READY TO PARTY IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biglaugh:

Reactions: CycloneErik

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I just went on there website and viewed a couple of threads. In one they're talking about how they'll beat us because this is their best team since 2003. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we beat them in 2003? Or was that 2004? If it was 2003, that was one of the worst teams we've had in a while.

IIRC we lost a close one at their place with a 2-10 team. That was the year with Austin Flynn at QB...which didn't work out obviously.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
IIRC we lost a close one at their place with a 2-10 team. That was the year with Austin Flynn at QB...which didn't work out obviously.

Yeah, I believe that was the game where things started pretty well: the offense was clicking and really moving the ball. Then Hi Rutland destroyed his knee while getting tackled and things went South from there. I felt really bad for Hiawatha. That was a horrible knee injury.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE HERMAN.......... SED JOHNSON,DARKS AND MONEY , AND AUSTEN ARNAUD WILL SHOW UP AS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM THAN WHAT THEY DID LAST YEAR.THE FRONT SEVEN ON DEFENSE SHOULD BE MUCH BETTER THAN THEY WERE LAST YEAR.OUR INTERIOR DEFENSIVE LINE WILL PLAY MUCH MORE AGRRESSIVELY BE CAUSE THEY HAVE MORE SPEED THAN LAST YEARS TEAM HAD ON THE INTERIOR LINE.

Left side of your keyboard, 3rd button up. It says "caps lock". Press it.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Judging by our history with these guys, and other similar MAC teams. This one will be a dog fight. Im guessing the game will be decided by 1 score either way.

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
How do you know that???? They have an extra long week to prepare for Iowa and I'm sure Paul and crew will not overlook anyone.

But I'm not quite sure about it.

No doubt about it.

I'm sorry. I did not mean to say that I KNOW anything. What I meant to say is that I thought it was likely. Either way. The match up of the ISU Oline vs the Iowa D line is going to be worth the price of admission.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I am not sure where I saw 4 defensive starters back, it took me quite a while to find the number of returning starters. It also sounds like they are having a major rebuild on their OL, so 7 or 8 returners on O looks unlikely.

According to Phil Steele they return 7 on D, 8 on offense. 3 of their O-line are back, but the two they lost were their best two linemen. Sometimes you just have to watch a team. They should have beat Wisconsin last year, they really dominated Purdue, score was closer than it was. They are not world beaters, but if the Clones don't come ready to play then they could get beat.

I think we win something like 27-13.

Carr50010

Apr 4, 2010
Ames
People had doubts that we would be South Dakota last year, and that was not even a game,

I expect us to beat Northern Illinois, but it will likely be a good game.

It will help us get ready for Iowa

simesclone

Feb 18, 2010
This game won't be close. All Cyclones. I do'nt really understand why anybody is worried about this game. Have confidence.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron