• Soft fans

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Both

Votes: 43 45.3%

• Total voters

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Both, but I voted for soft team because ultimately it's the team who's responsible. The crowd can play a big role in everything, but if the team is doing nothing to get the crowd excited? Well, that's the team's fault first.

There's only so many times you can cheer loudly when things aren't happening with your team during a game. Your team gets down 20 points and you say "I can't take this anymore" and stop cheering as loudly as you can.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah, probably like Wes was last year huh? Seems to be pretty open to the coaching at Syracuse.

Went to an instant winner and became coachable. Weird. What if he would have transferred to Iowa.. Think he would be smiles there?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
In all honesty, I voted both. Our players do need to play with more toughness. Our fans do too. If you read the threads, it's like going through the mental thought process of a bipolar. Good plays get compliments, bad plays get insults, much like the games do.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Yes, but some of these players are looking like they are UNcoachable.

This isn't Indian Hills, this is a Big 12 team that used to be a basketball school. None of these players are uncoachable. Now we just need a coach.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I like how you don't show up until we lose a game. I think that's solid fan support right there.

Overall, our fans jump off a cliff at the first made basket by another team. That leans towards pathetic.

And yeah, the team plays pretty soft right now. That'll need to change. I'm hoping this game got their attention.

Just for the record, I have "shown up" because last night was the first time I have been able to see ISU play on TV. In case you hadn't noticed, we don't get much national exposure anymore with the direction our program is heading under our present coach and that makes it tougher for those of us living far away from Iowa.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Went to an instant winner and became coachable. Weird. What if he would have transferred to Iowa.. Think he would be smiles there?

The year Wes transferred, Syracuse was only 21-14. Last year, the year he sat out, they were 28-9. I don't think you can say the year he transferred he was transferring to an "instant" winner. He is making Syracuse a winner this year.... and if you ever watch any of their games and listen to the coaches' and announcers' comments, they talk about his work ethic in practice, and how he is a role model for the other players in terms of how he works, and how coach-able he is. Nice try though.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
How about to thug team that they all think they are the team?

Basketball has a lot of thugs, Mac isn't the only person dealing with personality conflicts.

If he really can't handle a little attitude, then we're screwed, cause Macs locked in for a long damn time.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The year Wes transferred, Syracuse was only 21-14. Last year, the year he sat out, they were 28-9. I don't think you can say the year he transferred he was transferring to an "instant" winner. He is making Syracuse a winner this year.... and if you ever watch any of their games and listen to the coaches' and announcers' comments, they talk about his work ethic in practice, and how he is a role model for the other players in terms of how he works, and how coach-able he is. Nice try though.

Oh yeah you got me real good. 21-14 and 28-9 are winning seasons guy. With the additional of more talent they just added more wins. Im not sure where I failed. Maybe you can draw a map for me.

He saw greener grass and it worked out. It improved all his ills and now hes a role model. Did anyone claim that when he was here? He can hate his coach but still be a role model. His attitude was all wrapped up in his negativity here.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I'm not giving up on the season but how can we not be dissappointed in that second half last night. We can all come up with our reasons why this team isn't playing up to its ability, but the bottom line is it's the coaches responsibility to get the job done. Another bad season out of GMac and I will be convinced that Jacobson was the reason for his success at North Dakota and UNI.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm not giving up on the season but how can we not be dissappointed in that second half last night. We can all come up with our reasons why this team isn't playing up to its ability, but the bottom line is it's the coaches responsibility to get the job done. Another bad season out of GMac and I will be convinced that Jacobson was the reason for his success at North Dakota and UNI.

Everyone is disappointed, and that's fully acceptable, and not a reason to call a fan soft.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Oh yeah you got me real good. 21-14 and 28-9 are winning seasons guy. With the additional of more talent they just added more wins. Im not sure where I failed. Maybe you can draw a map for me.

He saw greener grass and it worked out. It improved all his ills and now hes a role model. Did anyone claim that when he was here? He can hate his coach but still be a role model. His attitude was all wrapped up in his negativity here.

You made it sound like Syracuse went to the Final Four that year. I was just pointing out that their record was not all that great. The two years before they were 24-11 and 23-12. Good, yes, but still not exactly dominant. Admittedly, certainly better than ISU, but that is not saying much.

I realize Wes had some issues at the end of the season. But during that season, I don't recall people complaining much about him or his attitude. He was injured, and I know a lot of people thought his play was down because of that. Don't forget, there were a lot of questions about how his injury was handled by the staff. I believe that may have had more to do with his transfer than anything.

If he was leaving ISU just because he wanted to go to a winner, there were a lot better programs than Syracuse that he could have picked. I doubt we will ever know the reasons that Wes left, but with his transfer, other transfers, and now rumored transfers this year, I don't think it speaks very well of GMac's ability to coach. If you can't get your best recruits to buy into your program once they get on campus, then something is wrong, don't you agree?

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
The fact our fans still care and watch/go to the games tells me the fan base is more than fine. The last couple years have been nothing short of atrocious.

I think I'll blame the guy making high 6 figures for the program failing instead of the fans.

Reactions: clones_jer