Votes: 43 45.3%

• Total voters

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Since we can sit around and call the team soft all day long, I think it is more than fair to call out our fanbase. We love to talk about how great the fanbase is, how well we support the team, and all that, but when the chips are down, are we that great?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Yes. Yes we are. Even when they lose over and over again we come back. Bark seems to be worse than the bite.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
What makes the fanbase "soft" is the unwillingness to hold the coach accountable for the performance of his team.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Wait we were not soft fans during football season. Maybe because they tried really freakin hard and won.
Now I think our fans won't be soft if we win at basketball.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
What makes the fanbase "soft" is the unwillingness to hold the coach accountable for the performance of his team.

Keep that record spinning. What can we do at this point other than gripe. Please let us know. If you want to hold the coach accountable then lead a group to stop buying tickets. Thats about all you have for options. Because in the grand scheme of things you have no real voice or power on a contract between a school and its personnel.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
If there have numerous posts about how we need find a new coach...the players don't seem interested in winning....and fans speaking out about it....it looks like the team is because if there was a soft fan...he wouldn't give his 2 cents worth ...

cy2win

May 15, 2006

Using this definition of soft, then overwhelmingly the fanbase is soft. I don't necessarily hold the players completely accountable, yet, because, quite honestly, I think they are just confused at this point. The players have had their 'hoops mojo' stolen from them.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yeah, the guy getting paid to run the program bears no responsibility whatsoever. Got it.

I like how you don't show up until we lose a game. I think that's solid fan support right there.

Overall, our fans jump off a cliff at the first made basket by another team. That leans towards pathetic.

And yeah, the team plays pretty soft right now. That'll need to change. I'm hoping this game got their attention.

Reactions: bos

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Coach is doing all he can. Players arnt responding.

And whose job is it to get the players to respond? Who is getting paid a very good salary to select (recruit) and teach (coach) the players to play as a team? If the coach is not accomplishing that then he is not doing all he can, or he is a failure......one of the two.

He chose these players. He wanted them. He was the one who thought that they would fit together in his system, and would play together. It's his job to make that happen.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
We lost to arguably the hottest team in the nation on a neutral court. We fought back in the first half and went into the second half only down by 8. This team held a very very good Clemson team, with a player similar to Brackins, to 19 first half points. I was actually slightly pleased with how we played.

If you thought we were going to be a top 10 team this year you are out of your mind. We will be fine this year.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
And whose job is it to get the players to respond? Who is getting paid a very good salary to select (recruit) and teach (coach) the players to play as a team? If the coach is not accomplishing that then he is not doing all he can, or he is a failure......one of the two.
Im just saying hes trying EVERYTHING. The players seem to not even listen to him. You could say their basically ignoring him and his coaching tactics

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Im just saying hes trying EVERYTHING. The players seem to not even listen to him. You could say their basically ignoring him and his coaching tactics

And yet fans should support him as a coach? What happens to employees in a company if they ignore what the boss tells them? They get their *** canned!

These players are on scholarship, and more important to them, they need to follow what the coach tells them in order to get in his good graces and get playing time. If they are too stupid to understand that, then he recruited the wrong players.

Part of a coach's job is to make the different egos on the team gel together. He has to keep everyone as happy as possible while at the same time not giving up on what he wants to do as a team. That is basic coaching, isn't it?

It seems to me that if these players are not buying into the team concept, then it must not be being taught very well.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
And yet fans should support him as a coach? What happens to employees in a company if they ignore what the boss tells them? They get their *** canned!

These players are on scholarship, and more important to them, they need to follow what the coach tells them in order to get in his good graces and get playing time. If they are too stupid to understand that, then he recruited the wrong players.

Part of a coach's job is to make the different egos on the team gel together. He has to keep everyone as happy as possible while at the same time not giving up on what he wants to do as a team. That is basic coaching, isn't it?

It seems to me that if these players are not buying into the team concept, then it must not be being taught very well.
Yes, but some of these players are looking like they are UNcoachable.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
If soft fans constitutes in being ****** at the productuction....wait thats not soft....If soft fans means you want more than what your getting and are ******... damn thats not soft either.... I guess I dont know how a fan can be soft with all this ligit to complain.

How are fans soft...please explain

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
If soft fans constitutes in being ****** at the productuction....wait thats not soft....If soft fans means you want more than what your getting and are ******... damn thats not soft either.... I guess I dont know how a fan can be soft with all this ligit to complain.

How are fans soft...please explain
Pipe down George:smile: